NoCD patch

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
HEy all. Just bought the Deluxe pack of BF1942 (I bought a game!) and was wandering whther the dev1.619 nocd crack actually works? For online? The .nfo says use the installer but the only files i have is an .org file, the modified .dlls and just copying them over to the correct folders seems to do naff all, game loads up but says data is different from server and doesnt let me play.

I ask this because i hate having to use the cd's in my drive (my 40x liteon is on its last legs and my r-105 pioneer is playing up).

I presume the .org file may be the installer but have no idea how to run it. I checked the web and seems to think its a lotus file of some sort which is odd.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
No-cd cracks do work, the one you have at the moment doesn't. However since 1.6 most servers have turned on Punkbuster, part on the PB process is scanning the game files for modifications, obviously a no-cd crack overwrites the main file and this is picked up as a mod by PB which will then kick you in game on a PB enabled server (most of them now) and can be set to ban you as well.

Currently the only way (unless you don't mind spending your time finding the few remaining non PB servers) around having to have your CD in the drive is to rip an image to your HD and mount it with Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. As long as you make a 1:1 copy it'll start up just fine, I currently use a ripped image of Road to Rome as it's only 260 odd mb vs 650 odd for the BF42 cds. You'll need to remove the Safedisc protection prior to ripping unless you use software that emulates it, easiest way is to turn on Safedisc emulation in Daemon Tools (the icon will turn pale green) and then boot up the game from the CD. You should now be able to use almost any disc dump tool (I think I used DDump with a front end) to make an image which will let bf42 start without needing a cd in the drive.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah when i had this game first time i just ran it off an image mounted in Daemon, space is an issure really but i guess ill have to make do with that. I remeber Alcohol picking up loads of errors on the disc when ripping it but it still worked. Road to Rome idea sounds good, less space used.

Thanks

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I have a CD Emulator and it works fine, when they released Secret Weapons it wouldn't rip it though, but then they changed the game to pick up any of the CDs in the drive, so I just have the ripped original.

Nothing illegal, I own all the games anyhow, just a shortcut (and it loads a bit faster too).

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
What program's best for ripping an exact image?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, that was actually in answer to the emulation software, but it does have burning/ripper capacity as well, though I have not tried it yet, it will create a CD Image of BFV tho.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
No-cd cracks do work, the one you have at the moment doesn't. However since 1.6 most servers have turned on Punkbuster, part on the PB process is scanning the game files for modifications, obviously a no-cd crack overwrites the main file and this is picked up as a mod by PB which will then kick you in game on a PB enabled server (most of them now) and can be set to ban you as well.

Currently the only way (unless you don't mind spending your time finding the few remaining non PB servers) around having to have your CD in the drive is to rip an image to your HD and mount it with Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. As long as you make a 1:1 copy it'll start up just fine, I currently use a ripped image of Road to Rome as it's only 260 odd mb vs 650 odd for the BF42 cds. You'll need to remove the Safedisc protection prior to ripping unless you use software that emulates it, easiest way is to turn on Safedisc emulation in Daemon Tools (the icon will turn pale green) and then boot up the game from the CD. You should now be able to use almost any disc dump tool (I think I used DDump with a front end) to make an image which will let bf42 start without needing a cd in the drive.

Ahhh, cheers for this scoob. I mounted the CD with Daemon but I didn't look at the Safedisc shit...

:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom