No-shows...

K

*Kornholio*

Why even bother signing up for the league if you can't be arsed to play your first game ??

N

nocte

yeah it was a pity about all the defualts that happened over the weekend.

Hopefully the league will be better for turnups etc...

K

*Kornholio*

Are the clans that didn't show up for division assault games still being entered into the league ? It's a pity coz it really kinda defeats the object of having this division assault if lots of clans don't show...

D

dusustin

Just disqualify every "no show". Not the ones who came late though, or was just able to get up to four people, but the ones that didn't pop into the channel at all.

N

nocte

i think the clans that were total noshows are not being entered in the league.

but the ones who had a few players will still be entered i think, as it could have just been a bad night for members ie. connx troubles etc...

O

old.powernic

I agree...

No pity for the no-shows, nothing (except maybe an earthquake or something) can justify a complete no-show from a team of a least 6 players. I say ban them for life :eek:

Powernic

W

wildthang

Our clan (Dogs of War) is currently stuck in the reserves list. Will you be bumping the no show clans for those of us who are ready & willing to compete?

B

bigbb

We'll let you know if that happens. A decision is to be made over the coming days, keep an eye on the league site news for details.

W

wildthang

Okay, nice one mate. :) I'll keep a beady on the league web site over the next few days.

O

old.Gutshot

It's never going to be a level playing field, if we all had idential
equipment, Internet Providers, perhaps more people would
have made it. I for one had connection problems due to a
power breakdown. Try looking at the bigger picture my friend
and not just taking a narrow view point. Somethings are
beyond ones control.

A

Anduin

Yeh fair enough if you had power problems etc but did your entire team i belive that if at least one team member attempted to show up and explain the situation then you shouldnt be droped its those that made no effort at all that i belive should be kicked

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by [BA]Anduin
its those that made no effort at all that i belive should be kicked

Yup, they're the ones I'm on about too... sure people have problems, but what are the odds on all 6 members of the clan not being able to get online atleast for 5 minutes to get into irc & let the admin know...

B

bigbb

That's exactly it. I personally have no intention of wanting to penalise players who genuinely couldn't attend that night. We do realise the fact that the Internet is not failsafe and power/isp's can prohibit a person from playing.

The players/clans in question here are those who didn't bother to turn up to a league they enrolled themselves into. Either by not organising their clan, or those who didn't keep up-to-date on league news for fixtures and information. Any of the above and more could've been solved with either actual attendance or letting their match admin know in advance. All of which were on the fixtures pages, with email addresses listed on the Contacts page.

O

old.Gutshot

I was just trying to point out that it's not always black and white,
there are often mitigating circumstances. However, if a clan
leader failed to offer up a reasonable excuse, then I agree,
that those clans should be banned from the league table.
Reasonable excuse defined as everyone in the clan died!

O

old.pii_smith

i have a strange question:

in 15 matches there were no shows and every time 1 team has gotten the default win. so it seems like at least 1 clan was there every time.

How could it happen that not both of the clans didnt show up?

(quite possible with this number of clans not coming to their match)

pii_smith

B

bigbb

If both clans don't turn up, no points are awarded. In these 36matches that situation didn't arise.

K

*Kornholio*

Damn, I just checked, and the clan that we're drawn against for next week was one of the ones that didn't show up this week...

WRz - if any of you are around here, plz show up for our game... 2 out of 2 no-shows would really, really suck... It also won't help our 'evaluation' type thingy either & we could end up getting put in a division that we don't really belong in...

B

bigbb

Things may change for fixtures once we've discussed what we're going to do with them. You had a default this week if I remember rightly, so we're have to get you a game this week.

K

*Kornholio*

Yay !!! :clap:

It sux0rs having 5 other peeps all wound up on RW waiting to play - only for the other clan not to turn up... 2 in a row would really suck...

S

Starkill

A total no show seems to really suck. I can understand people having probs, I had a major one Sunday night and had to miss Admining a game but at least I sent a mail as soon as I could. I still find it difficult to believe that all 6 players on a team could not get onto the net in some way or another. Our team is quite lucky to have a lot of players prepared to sub as well so we should never have the problem of a no show maybe being a player down in the worst possible case.

With the interest that the league has surely if they still don't show this week they do not deserve a place and others should be given their slots. I know a lot of teams are quickly put in place for these sorts of things and fail to materialise but I would rather play someone than noone. God forbid the UKD should ever draw or win a match but we entered to play not to get bye's.

I still don't see how any team could not have got at least one member onto IRC or something.

M

McBastard

Originally posted by [UKD]Starkill
I still don't see how any team could not have got at least one member onto IRC or something.

It's cuz ppl don't really have a habit of treating offers on the Net respectfully. And that again might be caused by the anonymity given and lack of repercussions.

N

nocte

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
Damn, I just checked, and the clan that we're drawn against for next week was one of the ones that didn't show up this week...

WRz - if any of you are around here, plz show up for our game... 2 out of 2 no-shows would really, really suck... It also won't help our 'evaluation' type thingy either & we could end up getting put in a division that we don't really belong in...

I dont think you have anything to worry about.

They defaulted as they only had 4 player available that night.

I presume they will have a full team this week.

O

old.Sharky

Points?

I see the mentioning and distribution of points...

If these are used to schedule different leagues it is not very likely the distribution will be very fair.
If a team "wins" two times by a no show it will get 12 points if i'm correct as to where, for instance, we now have 5 because we played our match.
Say we win the next one as well with 5 points.
That will get us 10 points with 2 played and other clans can have 12 with 0 played.
This will not reveal how good or bad that clan is while they take max points.

Or am i screaming before getting beat?
Please enlighten me! =D

Sharky[WASTED]

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by bigbb
Things may change for fixtures once we've discussed what we're going to do with them. You had a default this week if I remember rightly, so we're have to get you a game this week.

bigbb's on the case :)

B

bigbb

Re: Points?

Originally posted by Sharky
I see the mentioning and distribution of points...

If these are used to schedule different leagues it is not very likely the distribution will be very fair.
If a team "wins" two times by a no show it will get 12 points if i'm correct as to where, for instance, we now have 5 because we played our match.
Say we win the next one as well with 5 points.
That will get us 10 points with 2 played and other clans can have 12 with 0 played.
This will not reveal how good or bad that clan is while they take max points.

Or am i screaming before getting beat?
Please enlighten me! =D

Sharky[WASTED]
A fair point here, but results are stated as (Default) in the fixtures results so it will be obvious. Clan's division placement will be assessed on an individual basis by the administrative team, admin opinion of skill as well as scores will contribute. We're hoping to have every clan with at least one match under their belt over the Division Assault and the emphasis won't necessarily be on total points. But, achievement in those matches in relation to their opponent.

Scores are 2 points for a capturing on objective, 1 point for defending the objective. 4 games therefore provides 6 points for a full win, with both clans playing 2 attack games and 2 defend.

K

*Kornholio*

If we get another no-show, and another clan on the same evening at the same time have a no-show, could we play them instead ??

O

old.Sharky

Thanks

for pointing that out.
Though it will give you admin guys quite some extra work i am glad you also look at a clan's skill.
The other thing i was wondering about was exactly what kornholio said in the previous message.
Again, this will take some extra work but it will get the clans who's opponents don't show a match and the chance to assess their skills.

Sharky[WASTED]

Edit: assess..., not asses! LOL

K

*Kornholio*

indeed - proactive improvisation :p - the world needs more of it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread