No open rvr servers?

Andyredbeard

Fledgling Freddie
We would have to create new characters when the game is released anyway, since this is beta.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
So we all gotta reroll when launch comes? :) Atleast those who want rvr?

... or did i misunderstand?

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

It doesn't quite work like you seem to think it does.

Core = flagged for PvP only in RvR zones. And if you're lower level than what the standard in that RvR zone is, you get a "Bolster buff", boosting you up a few levels to be able to compete better.

Open = Flagged for PvP everywhere. No bolster buff. But on this server they have something called "chicken somethingsomething" :p Where you get turned into a chicken if you are higher level than the zone you enter, disabling all your skills etc. Not sure on the exact mechanics of "chicken mode", don't really care either as I won't be playing on any Open server anytime in the near future.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
It doesn't quite work like you seem to think it does.

Core = flagged for PvP only in RvR zones. And if you're lower level than what the standard in that RvR zone is, you get a "Bolster buff", boosting you up a few levels to be able to compete better.

Open = Flagged for PvP everywhere. No bolster buff. But on this server they have something called "chicken somethingsomething" :p Where you get turned into a chicken if you are higher level than the zone you enter, disabling all your skills etc. Not sure on the exact mechanics of "chicken mode", don't really care either as I won't be playing on any Open server anytime in the near future.

Awesome post, thanks for explaining, Lomme.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome post, thanks for explaining, Lomme.

Np. :)

I forgot to mention; on the Core server, I don't think you're able to enter the lower level tiers(zones), once you're past the level for that zone.

P.S. Flim, I haven't been active on this forum in quite a while, something I do seem to miss though, is your old avatar! :D

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
My understanding is (from forum reading :) ):

- Each zone is broken into RVR area and a safe area area.
- you can enter the enemy's safe area but can only attack rvr flagged enemies
- If you attack someone in a lower tier than you (e.g. level 22 (tier 3) attacking level 9 (tier 1)), you are uber debuffed (1 HP and 1 Damage) and a subject to a 'graphics' effect :p

On the open servers, there are no safe areas.

If you attack someone, you become flagged rvr for a while, so if you run back into the safe area, they can still chase and kill you.

Also, you can always enter the lower tier areas, but if you enter the rvr zone, you end up being debuffed if you attack anyone. (I am not sure, but it might still apply, if you are attacked by a lowbie). Also, healing/buffing someone counts as attacking the other realm.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Chicken mechanic is tied with RvR flag, and on a Open server you will be constantly flagged so can never go down a tier without turning into a chicken.

On Core servers you can go down and help your friends and finish the high level lairs in the PvE areas. There is lvl 30 mobs in T1 for example that you never can do on a Open server.

Only benefit a Open server have is that you can grief others, but you loose out on 50+% ( 2*T1 zones, 2*T2, 2*T3 + some content in the T1-T3 zones you been in.) of the PvE unless you reroll.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
From what I was told when you're chickened, you get 1hp and you deal 1hp damage, so it definitely isn't that good. But I heard this from someone else on the internet so maybe it's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom