No news for you!

F

Flimgoblin

Oh well ok...

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=540

General
Fridays news right on time !
[2002-22-11]

It's Friday, it's the news ! This week, we will talk about the PvP server, the next patch, the /gc autoremove command,
the legendary title for crafters and the campaign…

PvP server :

The tests on GORRE are still going ; we have several issues preventing us to announce an exact release date for the PvP server. Camlann will probably not go live before the beginning of December. We know that many of you are eagerly waiting, so be assured that we will announce the release date as soon as we can so you can plan ahead.

What will be the next patch ? :

Since Mythic patched to 1.54 some days ago, we should get the files next week. The translation will begin right as we receive them. The next patch coming on the European servers will therefore be 1.54. No ETA for now, but seeing all the changes in 1.53 and 1.54, this will be a "big" patch.

The /gc autoremove command :

In the patch note 1.52, the command /gc autoremove was listed as allowing guild masters to remove an inactive member of their guild. This command is currently not working on the European servers.

The dragons and 1.52 :

Since 1.52, our CSR team received many reports about the dragons having problems or being un-killable under certain circumstances. After many investigations, we can say that the dragons are not bugged in any way, but that, as the patch notes mentioned, they have been made "more challenging". You may experience new tactics and new reactions from them, so be ready. Many realms of different servers killed the dragons since the patch 1.52.

Missing styles :

Another word from our CSR team : Some players reported missing combat styles (mainly reaction styles, after block or parry). This is a not bug, it is by design. If your character does not have the ability to parry, he will not receive the styles "after parry". He will however receive the "follow ups" of these styles. For example, a shadowblade trained in Sword, will not receive the level 21 style "reinforcement" since shadowblades can never parry.

Legendary title for crafters :

The patch notes for 1.55 released by Mythic on their test server Pendragon announced that this issue has finally been fixed. Crafters will therefore have to wait for this version to see their title displayed correctly.

Official Campaign & Experience loss :

After reading many players' reports about the campaign events, it has been decided that, when players during the campaign would face numerous enemies in large battles, the monsters will not create experience loss upon death. Therefore, if you die during such battles, you will not lose experience. This will work like realm guards deaths, if you are damaged by a regular monster, then killed, you may lose experience. Not ALL campaign monsters or NPCs will be this way, and we will not reimburse any experience lost during events, so be careful. Also note that, in order to avoid problems with this change, you will not gain experience when killing these campaign NPCs either.

O

old.0xygen

I still dont understand why GOA keeps doing multipatching. Surely it would make us all happier if they did one at a tiem thus meaning we get SOMETHING instead of having to wait longer for everything

B

Bleri McThrust

yep 1.53 would be nice :)

Sadly well have to take it with 1.54 though.

D

Draylor

No PvP till December - bleh

Straight to 1.54 next - I was expecting this, but its disappointing that we'll miss out on the money-making opportunities in 1.53 :(

Legendary titles - This is at least the third time Mythic have claimed to have fixed this. Maybe they finally got it right.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Fingoniel
The next patch coming on the European servers will therefore be 1.54. No ETA for now, but seeing all the changes in 1.53 and 1.54, this will be a "big" patch.
Ah shit. :puke:

End of Feb if we're lucky. :(

Sod that, may as well shelve my warrior. Manachanter here I come.

If it's soooo friggin' big, why not just do 1.53?

-G

O

old.Iunliten

Re: Re: No news for you!

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

-G

:clap:

Isn't 1.54 were they fucked up resists so all spells are now compared as spell lvl versus enemy lvl making everything but high baseline and main specc line spells usuable?

Gonna enjoy 1.52 while I can.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: No news for you!

-G

aye :( wonder if they're being pressured to start from as late a version as possible first... (I heard they were told to go from 1.36 to 1.45 by Mythic) but I'd have preferred if they'd gone 1.53 1.54 ... take longer to get to 1.54 but 1.53 would be here sooner (and new patches are always good :))

O

old.0xygen

I just remembered GOA are French that pretty much explains this

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.0xygen
I just remembered GOA are French that pretty much explains this
You know, I may not be impressed with their way of dealing with the patching, but stupid attitudes like that don't help anything. Being French has fuckall to do with how the patches are dealt with.

Moron.

:flame:

-G

S

Sigurd

However, if they were English, we wouldn't need to wait for them to translate the patch.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by the_chimera
However, if they were English, we wouldn't need to wait for them to translate the patch.
:sleeping:
Um...how does that work? If they were English??? They'd take 10 fekking times as long to translate into German/French. Gawd...some people. GOA got the license to host in THREE languages. At least they are of one of the languages that are required to translate into...

Yeah...right...English... :rolleyes:

-G

S

SFXman

Imagine if the english servers were run by a separate company... sigh /emote keeps on dreaming

Oh well, I am happy for now so might as well wait.

S

Sigurd

I meant for us English, stuff the French and Germans :)

S

Sharma

pffffft, French rock :D

i praise them for creating the best breakfast pastry.

the Croissant!

I have no isea how to spell it, but they are nice. PERIOD.

bah, 1.54 shud be here by Jan at least, we aint got ahope in hell of gettin it before christmas

B

Brannor McThife

Now you're talking my language. ;)

But no. Seriously, I think Mythic were just happy the way things were before GOA came along. They probably knew that they wouldn't have a huge english speaking following if they opened servers in Europe, so when GOA offered to host in 3 languages, it looked perfect.

Yeah, it sucks, GOA has gone back totally on their word of getting patches out soon after the US does. I want one person to honestly tell me they believe we'll see the next patch before end of Feb, and I'll call you a liar. 1.53 alone fixes so many issues, why make it an even bigger thing by combining the two?

<sighs> It's not like GOA actually listens to us, the customers, anyway... :rolleyes:

-G

S

Sharma

i thought the golden rule of marketing was:

"The customer is always right"

BS

M'Kay?

M

Meatballs

If mythic are translating into English then they need to change all 'armorsmiths' into 'armoursmiths' <demands his moneys worth>

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Meatballs
If mythic are translating into English then they need to change all 'armorsmiths' into 'armoursmiths' <demands his moneys worth>
A) Mythic aren't translating.
B) Doubt there's ANY plan to translate into proper English.
C) Go take a look at some of the Epic events...you'll love the Anglais you sees. :rolleyes:

-G

O

old.Krusha

italians have their own company running it, they are ahead of us with pathces and stuff...

I demand GOA gives the english servers to an english company and give us the US patches now!! (mm yeah that will make them do it.. right?) ;) :D

this part ticked me of tho
Since Mythic patched to 1.54 some days ago, we should get the files next week. The translation will begin right as we receive them.

they havent gotten the fiels yet, siiiigh... and after 1.54 theres 1.55 AND SI, that was/is scheduled for an european release in March, i guess we can kiss that date goodbye :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Since Mythic patched to 1.54 some days ago, we should get the files next week. The translation will begin right as we receive them.

Nice agreement they have there, eh?

Shouldn't it rather be:
Mythic developes the patch and as soon as it's done, GOA gets it to 'translate' it (after having seen the German client, I won't call it translation anymore... ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous) right away?

No influx of new players, patches months (1-2 weeks was promised by GOA - anyone remember that?) after the US servers get patched, insane policies, new screw ups (like the unlimited respec option until they fixed it after what? Two weeks?)... good, fucking job lately, GOA. :eek:

Very professional - applause. :(

If it wasn't for months of time invested into my character and the good friends I've made in-game, I'd be gone for the US servers.

S

SFXman

B) Doubt there's ANY plan to translate into proper English.
Ehehe.... eh... some words make more sense in the american way and some in the english way if you ask me. Both are correct like our english teacher from England says.
But I agree that they will not bother make that change.

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Nice agreement they have there, eh?

Shouldn't it rather be:
Mythic developes the patch and as soon as it's done, GOA gets it to 'translate' it (after having seen the German client, I won't call it translation anymore... ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous) right away?

No influx of new players, patches months (1-2 weeks was promised by GOA - anyone remember that?) after the US servers get patched, insane policies, new screw ups (like the unlimited respec option until they fixed it after what? Two weeks?)... good, fucking job lately, GOA. :eek:

Very professional - applause. :(

If it wasn't for months of time invested into my character and the good friends I've made in-game, I'd be gone for the US servers.

You're sounding like a right whiner now, Sicko :(

I'll give you a hug and make the pain go away, make us go back to the good ol' days :fluffle:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Bah... more like fed-up with the lack of professionality...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hehe.. the page is class. :D

But me's a Fowumite after all...

O

old.tRoG

no-one has entered my SotW competition yet :(

and i had a weally, weally, good prize ready aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom