No new character slots in LOTM after all

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Like most others, I was looking forward to the new character slots Missy mentioned in this grab bag.

"...the inside buzz is that tentatively 2 new slots are in the plans."

However, it now seems that you don't actually get the two extra slots with the expansion. This is a serious omission; at this stage in the game, many if not most of us will have all our slots filled with characters we've grown attached to, especially here in the UK where we only have one cluster with two servers that we can play on. I was really looking forward to having new slots in which to roll the Mauler and Minotaur 2H Berserker I had planned, but since Mythic have apparently failed to give us the room in which to roll them...well, I'm going to have to think hard about whether I want to pay for an expansion which forces me to delete an established character in order to play what's in the expansion itself.

Very, very disappointed by this. And by Mythic's failure to publicly announce what is after all quite a big change, given that they did after all publicly let slip that there very well might be new slots. OK, they didn't explicitly confirm the new character slots, but I'm still feeling more than a little bait-and-switched by this.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
remember if you play alb excal you can roll alb pryd on same account so thats another 8 there

Plus if you have 2 accounts thats that number doubled. Unless you already have chars in hibguard ofc

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
remember if you play alb excal you can roll alb pryd on same account so thats another 8 there

Plus if you have 2 accounts thats that number doubled. Unless you already have chars in hibguard ofc

What if you already have mid/hib characters commited on your accounts. You will not have the setup as you suggested, with another 8 char slots. So it becomes (as Joey in Friends stated) a moo point.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
What if you already have mid/hib characters commited on your accounts. You will not have the setup as you suggested, with another 8 char slots. So it becomes (as Joey in Friends stated) a moo point.

Considering how sparx acts like a headless alb rp cow, I think it's fair to assume he mostly makes moo points. :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Azathrim said:
Considering how sparx acts like a headless alb rp cow, I think it's fair to assume he mostly makes moo points. :p

one point here i dont use sparx in rvr so you couldnt possibly know if i am an rp cow or not

semanon said:

me said:
Unless you already have chars in hibguard ofc

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Dude, I were only refering to how you acted in this thread though. Still whining about that "hibguard" nonsense? :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Textbook case of how the community tends to shoot itself in the foot over and over and over again. In the future people over at Mythic will be much less likely to mention what the "buzz" is about new features because people will whine when things don't make it into the final version.

What you are saying is that they have to officially state which of the buzz they told us about in the past has made it in and which hasn't? How does that work exactly?

Lets see it's waaaay before the expansion is released in Europe. It can not be pre-ordered yet so how do you feel baited in any way Svart? If you don't like the product they're offering then just don't buy it?

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I had to support Svart on this matter. For many people including me we already have our slots full, at least slots in our main realm. A lot of people have some twinks on prydwen/hibguard as well, given the time Prydwen was our only choice to try other realms (even this is gone now :( ). Of course we can delete some chars, but the question is, why should we? With any of our chars we spent some time playing (and paying) and now we will be forced either to delete em to enjoy the expansion fully, or live with limited expansion experience or forget about buying the expansion at all.
Addition of at least one new slot wouldnt hurt anyone and would draw some more people into buying the expansion.

I really hope that GoA may find a way to add another slot, though I doubt they can. :(

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed. It's less of an issue if you are US subscriber as on the whole there's a lot of choice of servers which are clustered with your main server to take up the overflow

Sanya also stated that one reason was that only 5% of people actively played all 10 characters on a server and of course you can bet we weren't taken into account in those figures. :twak:

Nate

FH is my second home
this really sucks tbh, i hope they add it on or smth due to whineage

Nate

FH is my second home
well i sent this as feedback to mythic:

Hellooo Sanya/Missy,

I've seen that you've recently released the new expansion on US servers and have become (with a few others of the community) a bit concerned about it. The only english normal server available to european players is the Prydwen/Excalibur Cluster, this puts us in quite a poor position for wanting to switch realms without having to cross a language barrier. I've heard there aren't any more character slots with the new expansion, this will be a massively negative point on our cluster seeing as at one point we had two servers to choose from, but now it being down to one(clustered) means most of us have full ten character slots that we have become very much attatched to. I remember reading in a grab bag that "the buzz" was there would be two more character slots coming with the new expansion, what happened to this idea? I would very much like to see a review on this when the euro version of this expansion is released, I thought I would come to your company about this seeing as GOA would get an ear ache if they were to try doing it on there own as I see has happened a few times before when they add content.

Thanks,

A concerned eurodaocer!

this is a response by sanya on vnboards similar thread to this one:

Sanya said:
This is my fault - I had the update scheduled for a grab bag a month ago, but at the time I was still fighting the decision and decided to pull it from the bag.

The simple fact is I was still hoping we'd get it until pretty recently. We had one of the server guys pull logs of how many people had filled all their slots on their main server. Then we cross-referenced with how many people had filled all the slots, but at least one slot had not been logged in for more than a year.

It came down to a) we were very, very unlikely to get the feature in unless we dropped something else, and b) it turned out that the percentage of customers who actively used all of their character slots was under 5% (I think). So in light of a), we dropped it for the time being.

And then I spaced. I remembered having it in a grab bag, and forgot that I'd pulled the question. I'm sorry, that's entirely my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom