No More New Players!

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
If you do not already have a subscription to World of Warcraft, it might be a while until you are able to get one. To say the least, the "test run" they mentioned in their January 10th press release has not been going so well.

"We haven�t requested that any retailers pull the games they already have off their shelves," Gil Shif, public relations representative, said. "We're just being careful not to release additional copies to be sold until we feel the game servers can support additional players."

Blizzard declined to comment on how long it would be until more copies of World of Warcraft would be shipped to retail stores.

Some rumors had been circulating that Blizzard had pulled copies of World of Warcraft currently on sale from the shelves of video game retailers across the country, specifically Best Buy, to limit subscription growth. As for now, large retail chains such as Best Buy and Walmart currently do not have any copies of the game available. Even Blizzard's official on-line store currently says that they are out of stock.

Full Story here

Don't know what to think really, I suppose its good that they are sacrificing new subscriptions to boost the servers.

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
so u mean i cant get a subcription with WoW for now? i had my cousin by it in a store where she worked at and i am getting teh game todya and having to pay her back the money...and i wont even be abel to play teh game?
so i migth of spent 50 bucks to get a game i cant even play till a couple months???

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
i live in the U.S. btw and sorry about the spelling sometime i get in a hurry and mess up alot and dont go back and correct what i messed up on :eek7:
but could anybody please tell me wether i will still be able to get a account set up after i get the game?? any info would be grately apriciated!

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Doesn't appear to mention that the subscription servers are down, so you should still be able to sign up :)

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Jerbear said:
so u mean i cant get a subcription with WoW for now? i had my cousin by it in a store where she worked at and i am getting teh game todya and having to pay her back the money...and i wont even be abel to play teh game?
so i migth of spent 50 bucks to get a game i cant even play till a couple months???

did u read it? it says they wont give out more boxes, which means that everyone who has ordered and paid for one will be able to play, but that the ordering of new ones will be delayed

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder how many subscribed players they have now in the US?

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
Wonder how many subscribed players they have now in the US?

Alot it would seem.

Server populations over there are insane. (From a DAoC, perspective I realise some games support more)

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
thast 1 old news, usa only, but will have some effect to euro, what it will be we will c

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom