No map changes then?

O

old.bee

does it matter???

noone plays on the custom map servers anyway!

sad...but true :(

O

old.devin

How come ppl play custom maps on Demon then?

And they are crap maps as well!

O

old.bee

I dont know!

why is that?

THERES NO JUSTICE!!!

O

old.bee

Hooray!

May "Push" be thrown into the depths of hell forever!

O

old.Kez

Because demon is home of the low pinging, skankers with no ability to see difference between Capitals and small letters.

T'is a (un)known fact that BW HL is the home of the friendly HPB... or something as diplomatic ;)

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.DrChris

There wasn't as much up take on the map voting as I would have liked, certainly not enough for 2 custom servers, so we're now going for plan K... I've converted server #3 to also be Valve only maps (since the other two fill up these days). Server #4 will remain as the custom map server and I'll put the result of the map vote on there this w/e.

Oh, and removed "push" from all of the Valve servers.

DrChris.

A

Atomic Rammer

Ahhhhh poor push.
I'd grown quite fond of it you know.

Theres nothing better than grabbing the ball on a server full of newbies and seeing how long you can hold it in the nme resupply room. Especially as a pyro!

O

old.devin

Bee i thought Push was one of your maps :)

I think 1-2 custom maps should be thrown in with the the 2 Valve servers.
Thats what Demon and has and theyre always busy.

O

old.Kez

This custom thing has been talked thru and thru before, and it usually results in seperated servers (not mixed) - this is because there are newbies out there (bane of my life) who jump into servers not knowing much about what they have - thus they hog up a place on the server downloading the map - when its much quicker and nicer to get it in a zip from a site, hence most servers are either custom or valve.

or is that just meh old-skool view on it?

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.devin

I think your 1/2 right :)

As ive asked before the location of TFC maps used (the zip files) should be on the MOTD.

O

old.Kez

I'd agree with that, but then there are numerous things I would do to bw servers to improve them for me ;)

putting a URL to radium in the MOTD of the custom server (and the valve?) would be no bad thing. But on the HLDM servers I'd ask that the MOTD display time is decreased (motd_display_time "Nº#" I believe) because the amount of times I've been fragged or fragged someone else because they're shooting randomly coz of some hulking great yellow text that covers the screen is a somewhat large number.

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.devin

Hahaha, ok point takent about the MOTD, just have it on for a few seconds.

Id like to see one custom map on the Valve servers.
As you can probably tell, me and bee make custom maps and it is VERY frustrating that players dont give maps not made by Valve a chance.

If a custom map placed on the server is not liked then all it takes is a post on these message boards and it can be removed, cant it Dr.Chris? :)

[This message has been edited by devin (edited 05 April 2000).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom