No Man's Sky [Gameplay]

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
For those that were interested in the space sandbox (its fucking MASSIVE btw)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Everything I've seen so far looks technically excellent but I can't see where the fun comes into it. I'm hoping there's some actual gameplay at some point otherwise it's just a nice looking but boring sandbox.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Everything I've seen so far looks technically excellent but I can't see where the fun comes into it. I'm hoping there's some actual gameplay at some point otherwise it's just a nice looking but boring sandbox.

Yeah that's my concern, like do we just go to planets, tag a bunch of shit, upload the data for credits and thats about it but repeat ad infinitum?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nice but my opinion is still the same. Looks pretty but unexciting to play.
It depends what you are looking for. Its one or two steps on from elite. And will be what you make it. Not what your forced to do.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I get the same feeling really, I am not sure what the point of the game is.

I will watch the vid tonight but unless there is some real interaction with the worlds, combat, mining or something then it will get old pretty fast I imagine.

Oh look, another pretty planet to look at, oh another etc etc.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I get the same feeling really, I am not sure what the point of the game is.

I will watch the vid tonight but unless there is some real interaction with the worlds, combat, mining or something then it will get old pretty fast I imagine.

Oh look, another pretty planet to look at, oh another etc etc.

From the video I picked up that you can:

Mine
Trade
Be a pirate essentially
Buy and upgrade new ships
Buy and upgrade weapons
Explore planets for new lifeforms + other 'things'

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
From the video I picked up that you can:

Mine
Trade
Be a pirate essentially
Buy and upgrade new ships
Buy and upgrade weapons
Explore planets for new lifeforms + other 'things'

From the limited amount we've see of all those possibilities there's no depth to any of them. I hope I'm wrong and there's a lot of real content they just haven't shown, but the more I see the less I think that's true.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Didn't look like any real depth I agree.
Also the FOV was minute, must be like 35 degrees or something, I guess its a trick to keep the graphics fidelity on consoles but ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom