nml

• Thread starter old.-=StrafeBunny=-
  • Start date
O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

i'm not the only one who dislikes said map on bw2, and um, can we get it removed plz?
all the other maps are fine (sept perhaps the valve ones being in the rotation) but nml is a laggy spam fest
cmon!

------------------
--
StrafeBunny

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

'The other maps are ok'? I hope you're joking lol..Run! sucks shite and invectus3 aint much fun anymore

I've always thought of nml as one of the better levels, despite its toughness in offence: But that only encourages teamplay.

------------------
Peace
xDarkchild <Jon>
pchap@cwcom.net

O

old.Fatbloke

I suppose one of the problems is that a team's spawn point is well within easy access of the enemy who can't resist lobbing in the odd MIRV as they run past.
There is supposed to be nml2 now but I've not seen it and don't know how much 'better' spam-wise it is than the original.

Cheers

[A&I]Fatbloke

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 03 September 1999).]

O

old.[EQX]Kain

I can't find NML2 anywhere.
NML itself is a spamfest with newbie's, but with the right players it because quite good.

Just yesterday I was playing with some twat, who was a Mr.Demospam, all he did was walk
upto the lower respawn, and lob mirvs, he then went back to his base got more *rinsed & repeated*. Grrrr

T

Tui

I've just discovered nml2 and an upgrade on the extra TFC maps section on Wireplay's Half-Life page.

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

nml is a good fun level in my opinion, but nml2 is the most gorgeous looking TFC level I've seen to date. Nice one UncleBRUCE!

BW admin please dont get rid of nml but replace Run! perhaps with nml2..It'd be a change to the line of CTF levels.

------------------
Peace
xDarkchild <Jon>
pchap@cwcom.net

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

apparently everyone likes having bad lagg on screen, and high r_speeds etc
thats fine
but i still would prefer it and run to be removed. and betrayed and nml2 to be put on?
any thoughts?

------------------
--
StrafeBunny

O

old.[A&I]Gordon DeathWish

hehe
well i like run but then i'm Insane!!

[Armerd & Insane!]Gordon DeathWish

O

old.JuNC

I'd like to see run & 2morfort removed & betrayed & nml2 put in their place (both these look great)

nml itself may be a bit laggy at times but its still much better than darkness or 2morfort, both of which have pretty much 0 defensive opportunities
A change from the mundane CTF maps would be great.

[A&I]JuNC

(sorry GD, can't agree with you on this one
smile.gif

O

old.Fatbloke

Run has got to go I think... It just ends up being a deathmatch for 20 minutes. With effectivly 2 bases each team, it's just not possible to set up good defence - plus everyone normally sods off then Run arives.

NML - I like this one - especially now I can do the ceiling jump thingy
wink.gif
. So I'd like this map kept. (Selfish I know)

2MoreForts - what's wrong with this one - it's a bit of a laugh, even though it can be another spam fest. (Can't we limit Demos to 2 MIRVs per spawn?)

NML2 - Looking forward to this one...

Betrayed - I'm surprised that Betrayed get's such rave reviews, when I played Hunted on BW1, you often saw people drop off the server with the usual 'Oh God, not this again..' which lead me to believe that the Hunted style games weren't that appreciated. Still, we shall see.

Why not add NML2 AND Betrayed to the list without taking two other maps off? Who say's we should only have a certain number of maps in the cycle?

Oh, BTW, anyone got a link for NML2 yet?

Cheers

[A&I]Fatbloke

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 06 September 1999).]

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

Sure, its www.fileplanet.com I believe..look for nml2. Its a hunted style game set in the early 1900's and the hunted is a demoman whos gotta blow up a bridge, it looks great but I havnt played it in online yet.

BTW wasnt it me who started the whole building-sentrys-in-roof thing??? lol

Also, my name is often xMerkaba now...

------------------
Peace
xDarkchild <Jon>
pchap@cwcom.net

O

old.Fatbloke

Cheers for the link -
Hmmm, ANOTHER hunted style game eh? Well I suppose it'd be worth a try, although I was expecting nml2 to be another CTF game..

Cheers!

[A&I]Fatbloke

O

old.Cornster

I am [a&i]cornster...u r bunghollio....

O

old.Fatbloke

Cheers for that Corn, me ol' mate.
wink.gif

[A&I]Fatbloke

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

Yea its another hunted but with a twist - being the demoman is actually FUN cos you dont have to battle it out with an umberella. The level design is awesome too and makes it all the more enjoyable

O

old.[DEM]Badger[TiT]{BH}

I really like NML, but i hate run, i like Invect3 too

I play defense mostly so maybe im biased

oh well, hi to all on the boards, i just registered

------------------
"Buggrit, millenium hand and shrimp"
-Foul Ole Ron

O

old.[DEM]Badger[TiT]{BH}

Oh and i forgot

DARKNESS has got to go

its good when theres just 3 or 4 having a little sniper war but its so crap for playing it properly

------------------
"Buggrit, millenium hand and shrimp"
-Foul Ole Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom