Nintendo's Revolution

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Nintendo has released details on its next generation console, The Revolution. Size wise it will be smaller than the other consoles with Nintendo's aim of making the console the size of several stacked DVD cases. The Revolution will play DVDs, have built-in wi-fi, a SD memory card slot, and 512Mb of flash memory.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The only bugger about nintendo and the consoles is that they insist on making their own gamecartridges/"cd"s.

Beefs up the price a hefty way. Get with the program, get DVD'd :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You really didnt read the news post or any of the info on the console before posting did you Mr Seel?

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Lol just a tad :) The thing looks like a portable CD/DVD burner for god sake... he must of just seen the words Nintendo and he was frothing at the mouth

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
You really didnt read the news post or any of the info on the console before posting did you Mr Seel?

Yes i did, what was on the article, and nowhere i saw that they make their games on DVD or CD... show me! :D

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
FFS learn to read - (From the article)

'The Revolution will play DVDs, have built-in wi-fi, an SD memory card slot, and 512Mb of flash memory. '

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ukle said:
FFS learn to read - (From the article)

'The Revolution will play DVDs, have built-in wi-fi, an SD memory card slot, and 512Mb of flash memory. '

Gonna have to agree with Seel it does not actually say the games will be on DVD

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes, will play DVD's but it doesn't say that the games are made to such.

They might still go for those high cost minidisc thingies or some other rectangular play medium.

Just saying.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well as the machine is compatible with mini dvd's and full size its not an issue. It will play Gamecube games and new games on full size DVD's.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I don't know about you, but im a bit disapointed with Nintendo's turn out for next gen, I love Nintendo consoles, but I almost didnt bother buying the GC, only got it cause of Wind Waker, but time will tell I suppose. The NExt Gen is gunna be very strange, Sony are saying theres is a entertainment machine not a games console, Microsoft are saying theres is guna be the hub of gaming and entertainment, yet Nintendo say theres is a Games machine yet it seems they will lose out again, because of it. But I prolly will end up buying it anyway on the cheap from eBay, so it really doesn't matter that much.

But I wish Nintendo could return to its glory days of consoles and not be restricted to dominating the handheld market.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bottom line is that they don't make fucking games anymore. If they put the effort into developing a replacement for mario instead of another rehash of him they'd make the money they need to develop a decent console, in fact if they came up with another killer game idea it wouldn't matter what the fuck you played it on.

Nobody takes a creative risk anymore and puts out a game that's playable, innovative and fun. Welcome to formula gaming...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't know, the DS has some very innovative ideas, and the games are playable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom