Nightshade weapon question

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
My shade is pierce and i want to stay pierce but it's becomming obvious that at low rr I struggle to compete against other blade spec assassins often because of Malice.

Any of you number-crunchers know off-hand what the effect of using malice left-hand would be for a pierce specced shade?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tallen said:
My shade is pierce and i want to stay pierce but it's becomming obvious that at low rr I struggle to compete against other blade spec assassins often because of Malice.

Any of you number-crunchers know off-hand what the effect of using malice left-hand would be for a pierce specced shade?

When I equip Malice mainhand on my ranger, I loose about 500-600 WS I think. That's with 53 composite pierce spec and capped str (or very near to cap)

Btw...is pierce really that sucky? I mean I'm pierce spec on my BM and I had really good fights where I came out alive cause of the nice weaps I can use (ML10 piercer ftw), the swing speed and the superior styles (like DB). Then again I might just be a wierdo :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Golden spear + Offhand Champ Piercer is a very good pierce physical weapon setup :D

U can still make a 300hp+ template handy with this combo ...

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I cant tell you the exact dmg difference from equipping malice offhand as pierce, but i did at one point do this myself. tbh, its not a massive dmg loss (unless you have low CS, high CD) and the proc can be nifty sometimes. only thing i noticded was my offhand miss rate was quite high.

basically if yer bored, and wanna try it out, do so, but if you want to perform ever so slightly better, dont bother imo.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i woultn use malice offhand if i was pierce, would lose too much WS and allso just dmg. not worth it for the proc

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
There's been dozens of posts about this on the VN forums, if you really want some figures & test results etc have a trawl through them

dohhhh

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
Golden spear + Offhand Champ Piercer is a very good pierce physical weapon setup :D

just made a 400hp, 15concap template with that combo.
Gonna try it out tonight. Looking forward to it :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:

yep :) ubar combo :D

if NS champ weapon allso debuffs pierce... LOLz nice

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
my gf wanna play ns and i told her to stay piercer reason i found it alot easier with db etc :)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i woultn use malice offhand if i was pierce, would lose too much WS and allso just dmg. not worth it for the proc

erm? losing ws because of the offhand weapon? since when?... only thing you lose is dmg on the offhand swings

fe: when i wanted to respec my ranger to blades, i activated malice and battler, equiped battler in 2h slot, malice in offhand slot and used golden spear in mainhand (had 44pierce at that moment) - offhand swings were in the range of 50-70dmg.

with 50blades/48cd and using champweap in oh slot, i hit for 90-150dmg offhand.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
well u could use Croc Dagger as offhand,it debuffs his dex/qui,tho its not even close to malice debuff.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
i dunno what best combo is but i will be investigating :) altho saying that i got a unique wep with + 7 piercer and cele proc! :d. awesom weap as offhand :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom