Nightshade hlep!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hi, I just renewed and leveled up a fotm celt nightshade and need some advice on:

What spec should I go for?

What are the "must have" artifacts/items" to include in template these days? Weapon combinations. Mythirians etc

Anything of help would be appreciated :)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
30s guide:

spec - try them all because it's just about different playstyles. Not a fan myself but high CS, high Blades and enough CD for the side stun is a very common approach.

Most would go with ML10 off and then a variety of main handers. You can be effective with dual legendaries, malice off, champ and slayer.

Evasion/Health mythrian. Hmm what else? Well most people quit shades when they realise it's not as fun as they thought so my main advice would be to mix it up and keep it interesting!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Spec for RR4:

36 venom, 36 stealth, 39 CS, 44 Blades, 21 CD.

44 Blades give you good WS and one of the best anytimes in game. Recommended!

Regarding artifacts: I don't think there any 'must-have' artifacts anymore, but I would recommend atleast SoM (if you don't have ML10 cloak) and possibly Eeries Darkness Stone for a high-UV gem. Some people still like Ring of Dances for stealthlore but in all honesty it's all optional. I would only rate SoM as very important if you don't have ML10 cloak.

If you want something 'entirely' different: It is viable now to play a 'caster-shade' since our magical damage has been greatly improved. It is easily possible to get some resist-piercing and +magic without gimping yourselves too much. Since it helps with poisons as well it is a nice different way of playing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Feck off already with all this stealther shit, all i face is Sb perfing + 3x hunters assisting or Mincer stun opening and insta mezz backup + 3x scouts assisting.

Nerf em to the ground before the game is over.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Spec for RR4:

36 venom, 36 stealth, 39 CS, 44 Blades, 21 CD.

44 Blades give you good WS and one of the best anytimes in game. Recommended!

Regarding artifacts: I don't think there any 'must-have' artifacts anymore, but I would recommend atleast SoM (if you don't have ML10 cloak) and possibly Eeries Darkness Stone for a high-UV gem. Some people still like Ring of Dances for stealthlore but in all honesty it's all optional. I would only rate SoM as very important if you don't have ML10 cloak.

If you want something 'entirely' different: It is viable now to play a 'caster-shade' since our magical damage has been greatly improved. It is easily possible to get some resist-piercing and +magic without gimping yourselves too much. Since it helps with poisons as well it is a nice different way of playing.

That sounds like a decent spec. I've noticed they have upped the magic damage and focusing on it could actually be viable, but I think I want to try a more conventional type of stealther to begin with.

Thanks alot!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Feck off already with all this stealther shit, all i face is Sb perfing + 3x hunters assisting or Mincer stun opening and insta mezz backup + 3x scouts assisting.

I've played this game for god knows how long and I've never played a stealther in high level rvr. I have soloed on visible characters and been into the group scene my entire daoc career, so I don't think you are right to blame me for wanting to try something else, although I understand your frustration as the things you list up are things that I've been suffering for alot of my time solo as well.

I'll probably use my NS mostly in DF, and I will always be solo.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie

/agree :D

To be fair tho it's not the Assasin's that are anywhere near as annoying/lame/cowardly/skill-less/sad/adding/insert random insult/ ARCHERS who mostly seem to just wait in stealth for any visibles to start a fight (anywhere it seems not just choke points) then pop-pop-pop (3 pops as theres usually at least 3 of them lol) then plink-plink-plink then run away to restealth and rinse repeat :(

I fart in the general direction of all archers :kissit:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I've played this game for god knows how long and I've never played a stealther in high level rvr. I have soloed on visible characters and been into the group scene my entire daoc career, so I don't think you are right to blame me for wanting to try something else, although I understand your frustration as the things you list up are things that I've been suffering for alot of my time solo as well.

Wasn't specifically a go at you ofc ^^

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Don't bother with Malice. I recently ran it and you have the following problems.
1) If you right click the arti and put the icon onto your qbar, it bugs after you poison weapons.
2) If you put the arti itself on your qbar (like the old days), this works, but you rarely have the chance to use it. The reason being I have SOM and x2 10% melee charges on Dragonscale. When you try and use Malice, it's always on cooldown.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH

df and solo,gets very irritating when albs got it seems to be alot of low rr stealther in there lately grp'd

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Don't bother with Malice. I recently ran it and you have the following problems.
1) If you right click the arti and put the icon onto your qbar, it bugs after you poison weapons.
2) If you put the arti itself on your qbar (like the old days), this works, but you rarely have the chance to use it. The reason being I have SOM and x2 10% melee charges on Dragonscale. When you try and use Malice, it's always on cooldown.

/Macro MALICE /use2 5 1 :drink:

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie

The problem is never the class. The problem is how you wish to play the class.

I exclude warlocks. Whatever way you play them it will always be retarted :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The problem is never the class. The problem is how you wish to play the class.

I exclude warlocks. Whatever way you play them it will always be retarted :p

Well stealthers were fine before the love imo, if even the ppl playing visible soloers before wanna reroll all stealthers now, i kinda feel like the game is over for me, that is.

And yes i soloed an ns to rr7 on Eu.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Well stealthers were fine before the love imo, if even the ppl playing visible soloers before wanna reroll all stealthers now, i kinda feel like the game is over for me, that is.

And yes i soloed an ns to rr7 on Eu.

Labyrinth has fucked up solo play anyways. Nobody bothers to roam the frontier in look for fights anymore, everybody just port to labyrinth for some instanced FPS-like brainless zerg- and rpfeast action

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Labyrinth has fucked up solo play anyways. Nobody bothers to roam the frontier in look for fights anymore, everybody just port to labyrinth for some instanced FPS-like brainless zerg- and rpfeast action

I can only agree there. While the Lab is a beautiful zone, it leaves no room for good tic-tacs, except port around and add. For everything else there are too many mob.

On the other hand it is a zone easy accessible for everyone and overall it's not too bad for solo fights, cause if things go bad, you can try to port to some distant shrine, as most zerg groups just farm the regular places.

But let's face it, the whole game is much too big. Classic, SI, ToA, Catacombs, Laby … Just ask a newer player if they know what Dew Sheeries are or what Spinner's Cloak is.

While SI was a nice addition on the crowded servers, it is now more or less redundant. ToA is mostly empty, due to scrolls/artefacts being buyable with glass.

What this game would need is a complete overhaul of all zones or how zones work. The task dungeons should really be replaced by redesigning the zones surrounding them with a slightly higher spawn rate of same level mob. Classic and SI drops should be redesigned, like it was done with DF. Players need guidance to where to level and leveling needs to be fun again.

Give groups a bonus to XP for each member who joins so that not so optimal groups are still better than no group at all. Give each class some PvE bonus to make "weak" groups better, such as each tank class giving grp end regen, each mage giving mr or whateveeeeer ^^

I really think I will send in some feedback to Mythic :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom