Nice pot (poker).

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
I duno, Dan made the right call there wasnt that much to beat his full house, pair of 5, 8 or 9's so the odds were in his favour.

Just proves what a good player he was imo
Aye. Nothing he could have done really. I just love to see my favourite player win :)

Steffan- you could have kept that to yourself. EDIT IT :)

EDIT: Same goes for Tears. You are giving it away.

Gamah

Banned
owned ;d

All on fh good call. The chances of your opponent having pocket 5's with 2 5's on the table is slim.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Gus is my hero !! Such a cool player - keeps everyone guessing all the time, seen him play 2/7 off suit and win before now then flop AA next hand and take more people to the cleaners - you just dont ever wanna call him down!

soze

I am a FH squatter
That was a good call and a nearly impossible lay down.

I saw a really good game on player yesterday, this guy ended up with a massive chip lead after playing 10 hands and having never shown a card, that really impressed me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only ones that he should've been worried were pocket 8's, 9's and 5's.

It's a b*tch to lay down since you're holding pocket 6's and it's unlikely for two players to get a pocket pair in a row.

I fell once in a tournament with pocket J's against pocket K's...it eats you up.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
I fell once in a tournament with pocket J's against pocket K's...it eats you up.

That happens all the time...

When you are second in chips in a tournament and push all-in with AA and get called by chipleader with AKo that sucks you out on a flush, that hurts.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a real pain to lose to a simple anomaly like that.

This other one was a real pain though.

The flop came Q, 7, 3. All offsuit. I get three Q's and the guy goes all in, ofcourse i follow(nothing he could have) and think "woohoo" when he shows the AA.

Turn...nothing.

River, yeah, another A in the mix. Great.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
At a local game once saw the dude to my right call/raise etc on a flop of A K K 10 10
the dude to my left called him re-raised him etc all the way - turned their cards over and the dude on my right showed A K , the dude on my left showed him 10 10...

Now we have the saying - fear the 10's !

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Love Gus Hansen.. and not just because he is danish :p
The guy plays everything, you never know if he has 2-7 or pocket kings.
Kinda feel bad for Daniel though

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
Love Gus Hansen.. and not just because he is danish :p
The guy plays everything, you never know if he has 2-7 or pocket kings.
Kinda feel bad for Daniel though
Aye, when you see him playing on the tellie and stuff he seems so cool. But when I see him walking in the streets he looks like such an idiot, with his "poker champion"-shirt and irritatingly arrogant way of talking, guess he has something to have it in though ;p
But he really is a good pokerplayer!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
That was a good call and a nearly impossible lay down.

I saw a really good game on player yesterday, this guy ended up with a massive chip lead after playing 10 hands and having never shown a card, that really impressed me.
Was it the dentist with the funny hat?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Kathal said:
Was it the dentist with the funny hat?

I think they were calling him the mad turk thats about all i remember apart from the not having shown a hand.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
It's always fun to see two guys playing the exact same style clashing.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
It's a b*tch to lay down since you're holding pocket 6's and it's unlikely for two players to get a pocket pair in a row.

the chances of getting pocket pair of anything is almost the same for both (if not the same) as long as they're not same value (how sick would it be if both got pocket 5 suit -.-)

this one is quite nice (or stupid play by helmuth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8O8a_un_r8&NR

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
the chances of getting pocket pair of anything is almost the same for both (if not the same) as long as they're not same value (how sick would it be if both got pocket 5 suit -.-)

According to calculative chances maybe...let's just say then...it doesn't happen too often.

Afterall, you have the same -chance- of getting AA then any other two cards too, yet still it doesn't happen.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Afterall, you have the same -chance- of getting AA then any other two cards too, yet still it doesn't happen.

That is not true.

For example the odds of getting AA (or any other specific pair) is 220 to 1 and to get AK (or any other nonpaired specific holding) is 110 to 1.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
oh dear lord i mixed it up, should be 82 to 1

110 to 1 if the requirement that it is off-suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom