Nice One Game!!

W

WPKenny

Just went down and bought Res Evil and Res Evil Zero. Got home, played a bit of planetside and decided I'd play my new games.

Sat down, opened the box in front of my girlfriend. It's empty. I look at her as if to say "come on! Where you hidden it?". She gives me the same look. So I open the second box and that too is empty. :(

It's 8:30pm and I was really looking forward to snuggling up with Damini and kicking some zombie arse. Now I have to get myself out of bed tomorrow and into town in the (probably) pouring rain to have a go at the retarded GAME shop assistant.

Well done. 10/10.

O

Ono

When did you guys move down to Canterbury? What happened to Cambridge?

Oh, GAME - badboys.

Resi 1 & 0 - top stuff. :p

T

tris-

never had that problem. but once they put tony hawks pro skater 3 in a pro skater 1 box :D only cost 99p too (on PC)

:D

M

MYstIC G

Been there, done this, it sucked. Though tbh its only happened once at game, best one I had was when I bought my X-Box in Virgin (game didn't have any left - damn them) and the guy handed me my receipt and tried to look at me funny when I didn't walk off, "any chance of actually having the the x-box I just paid you for as well as the bill?"....... *sigh*

W

whipped

Only problem I ever had buying from GAME was BF 1942. Got home, inserted the cd to hear an almighty noise. Took CD out and it it had a masive scratch on it. Holding it level the CD was completely warped. Must have been packing to many games in those drawers behind the counter.

W

WPKenny

Well we got the games.

I drove Damini down and she went in the shop while I waited in the car on the double yellers.

She said the guy behind the counter was asking her all sorts of questions and basically didn't beleive her. Eventually he relented and apologised and gave us the discs.

P

plightstar

I once bought Tony Hawks for the PS and got Tony hawks 1/2 in the same box. Thats was from GAME as well.

C

cjravey

[edit] sorry you had a bad experience, e-mail customerservices@game.uk.com and they'll make you happy:)[/edit]

sigh. I preferred all the mad stuff about the chickens, forgot I was wearing my company hat there for a minute.

W

WPKenny

Do GAME employ many "stressed young lads" as managers then? Cos that's who served us.

X

Xtro

Jesus they get a bit defensive don't they?

Shop work is shit - period, still entitles customers to be pissed off if they don't feel they've received the correct level of service.

C

cjravey

Never worked in the shop side, wasn't defending the shop side, nor criticising them or you. Just being an individual on a hot day:) Apologies.

X

Xtro

Apology accepted but you didn't offend me personally, just prodding you to remember you now do have a corporate hat ;)

W

wolfeeh

hmm

what's all this "email yada and they will make you happy" crap?

i seem to recall going through the exact same experience with raven shield for pc a month or so back and was very vociferous about it... no one mentioned if i emailed game i would be "made happy" *glare*

C

cjravey

Once the air conditioning is fixed, myself and Jonny will be back to our usual pleasant, corporate selves:)

Jeez, i nearly drowned in my sleep today at the desk. So. Much. Sweat.

W

whipped

Tell me about it. Big open plan office, no airconditioning and one Sun facing window = hot, hot, hot.

We have lots of fans, but they do nothing but blow hot hair around.

Oh and btw, by "made happy", do you mean that a nice young lady called Veronica will come round to personally ease my pain?

Y

yankeedoodle

Originally posted by n3wbie
never had that problem. but once they put tony hawks pro skater 3 in a pro skater 1 box :D only cost 99p too (on PC)

:D

Whoops. situations like this happen more often than id like to admit. The games business can be a confusing affair for stressed staff on a busy saturday. Putting tony hawks 87 into a 23 box is quite common, and it doesnt help that publishers are making artwork very similar these days. That with game makers putting a completely different game artwork on the BACK on the instructions, making you think that the game is game X when it isnt when you are rifling through a drawer.

Mistakes are made like this as the staff are human, and at a guess he was probably thinking about somthing else (his morgage, kids etc) so wanst concentrating. I always apologise profusely when this happens, cos i can tell if somones trying it on, as you will have 1 more game than a box or whatever. Maybe we should put all games on the shelves with the disks already in as a trial? and if noone steals any ill do it all the time!

however, in mitigation, i think this probably happens at HMV when you buy a 'white stripes' cd, only to get it home and you have a val doonican cd inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom