Nice one Damini

D

Damini

Cheers :)

It reads a bit weird now they've broken it down into dinky sections, kind of breaks up the flow, but I'm still proud as punch to have it up there.

C

Cadire

Nice one Damini :)

<Damini's Award Ceremony>

... I'd like to thank loads of people who I've never met for all the encouragement and support they have shown me.

;)

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by Cadire
Nice one Damini :)

<Damini's Award Ceremony>

... I'd like to thank loads of people who I've never met for all the encouragement and support they have shown me.

;)

She'd have loads of fun trying to pronounce some of our names :p (mines easy, tho no doubt someone say it wrong ;))

J

Jonaldo

Huzzah!
One day I'll finish my novel and we'll race to see who gets the first Hollywood adaptation :D

(about 2 paragraphs into the prologue after 3 months now) :rolleyes:

S

Sharma

Damini is also gettin some nice emails from people so i hear ;)

well we shall see where this takes here, GL in the future damini :D

C

cadiva

Nice one Dam!

Let's hope the writing career takes off just like you wanted it to. Sometimes it's just the right break at the right time and with the backing of all the BW posters here at least any potential publisher is gonna be happy knowing there's a ready made audience just itching to buy up your first work - not bad eh, lots of authors would give their right arm (well okay maybe their left so they could still write) for that kind of pre-sale publicity generated.

Urk, nerf my writing of late, since stopping being a full time journalist I've lost the power of writing short, sharp concise sentences ;)

N

Novamir

i have to say, that's quite an achievement. well done :)

Z

Zill

Well done Dam. And if JK Rowling can achieve worldwide success with her books, so can you. Best of luck.

D

Damini

I've got a meeting with a writing agent on monday from International Creative Management (ooo-er!!) and also Faber and Faber e-mailed me!! Very exciting. Most people are being very nice in their feed back, a few people have savaged it but the majority seem to like it, so thats good. Bit annoyed people seem to think I'm lying about never having read the Harry Potter books though! I'd quite happily admit to having read them if I had, I actually felt a bit embarrassed to confess I hadn't when they asked me.

G

gengi

Well done.

I would just like to add my congratulations to the multitude. Very well done, I hope your publisher meetings go well and you go on to make shed loads of money :D

Later

D

Damon_D

LOL Dami dont be embarrassed about that.. I would rather be beaten with a stick than read Harry Potter , I think you done a real nice piece of work...but I would prob not buy the book.. Just to " nice " for me.. But then again if all peopel liked the same stuff it would be pretty dull.. Keep up the good work and I'm crossing my fingers for you on those interwievs :clap: ( hmm this dude's arm's are a bit short but he is trying )

T

Tranquil-

I've never read Harry Potter. I need punishment!

Well done Damini. :)

N

Nairyk

Gratz Damini! - Long story, took a while to read! i first viewed the thread and thought whats going on? then i scrolled down and realised, we have our own SUPASTAR!

/cheer

-Cid

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
LOL Dami dont be embarrassed about that.. I would rather be beaten with a stick than read Harry Potter , I think you done a real nice piece of work...but I would prob not buy the book.. Just to " nice " for me...

Out of interest, what do you mean by a book being 'too nice'? They're very entertaining, if not thought-provoking, but then... tell me you only read philosophy and history books and I won't believe you ;)

D

Damon_D

Well book's by Kafk, Thomas Mann or Søren Kirkegaard aint bad..but when I dont read book's like that I prefer some gorre ..Stephen Kind style.. If a book has fluffy animals and such in it , I just wont read it , just like I refuse watch disney movies..just not my style , and they make my skin crawl

J

Jiggs

congratulations Damini

no matter what your field its always nice to have a little praise from your peers :p

D

Damini

Damon, if you get a chance to read me next story (when the first half is finished) I think you might like it then. I'm trying to make the character of an understandable and likable child psycopath... heh.

D

Damon_D

WEEEE sounds bloody good damini, I'll be looking for it now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread