Nice new thread

S

|SpooK|

Hi ,

Well i am just after some advice realy , i still play QuakeWorld when i have the time , recently i upgraded my GFX Card from a good old Voodoo 4 to a GF3 Ti200 . But when it comes to playing QuajeWorld its horrid , Dark and Gloomy :mad: .. I did Try QuakeForge but it cept crashing when i entered a server

What i wanted to ask is

1 , Are there any other "addons" like Quakeforge to alter the brightness on the GF Cards as i never had a problem with 3DFX

2 , Also if someone knows of a fix for this , whats the best config to use for system spec's

AMD XP1800+
512 DDR 2700
GF3 Ti200

Would me greatly apreciated :D

Cheers

Mark

C

cenobite

As for brightness a few options exist:

Qizmo can set your brightness (which is a quakeworld proxy) but im guessing some of the new clients can handle this better

Config wise it has been a long time since this was an issue due to higher hardware specs. It really comes down to how it feels as opposed to any gfx details on/off.

S

Shocko

Try a differant release of QF - Works fine for me.

I

Insane

delete every glquake directory made in your quake folders (id1, ctf, tf, etc, etc) and start again, it should optimise the textures and rebuild all the models for you :D

Quake was ALWAYS Dark and Gloomy!!! :eek:

turn up your monitors brightness, then tweak the colour range until it looks brighter than normal... or set your cards brightness through the driver.

S

|SpooK|

Hi ,
I used version QuakeForge: Newtree, Version 0.3.0 , as this was the only zip that was already compiled :\ ... as for version 0.5x i wouldnt have a clue where to start compileing it :(

^^ Bump

S

|SpooK|

:\ me just extrtacted teh Zip to quake folder and doubleclicked to QF icon :(

/me is deffo doing something wrong :(

I

Insane

Have you played GLquake on your Voodoo4?
yes

You are now running your Geforce3 TI200?
yes

Have you deleted the GL directory from quake/id1?
no
DELETE the GL folder in ID1

The existing GL folder will have info for quake to use the Voodoo4 pallete, which will cause crashes on any other graphics card.
So, delete the GL folder in id1 and any mods (qw, ctf, tf, etc) and run it again, it will optimise the colour pallete and re-create all the models.

S

|SpooK|

Sorted

Other than how the hell can i change the rez from 640 * 480 to 1024 768 :(

S

Shocko

Heh, that's a bit obvious mate :)
+set vid_width 1028 +set vid_height 760
On your command line... Change tha values to what you want. Who needs menus anyway :D

However the way keys are bound and cvars set(in QF)... That's annoying :(

H

HangTime

Most players use mqwcl now - http://mqwcl.n3.net - as is has the best features gaming wise. change gamma using gl_gamma, gl_contrast and gl_brightness

If you like fancy graphics then there are better alternatives however offering 24bit textures and the like, try http://www.fuhquake.net/

Users who are viewing this thread