Nice Case

W

Will

I'm looking for a nice PC case, something in blue or silver, with 2 or 3 CD bays, no front panel hiding the drive bays, and a low noise factor. I'm mostly just bored window shopping, but I might get it if I can put something together that is similar in price to the Shuttle system I've been thinking about, I might just go ahead with it.

Any ideas appreciated.

J

Jonty

Hi Will.

Antec and Chieftec are probably amongst the best manufacturers on the market. Their cases vary a lot in terms of their style and capabilities, but Overclockers UK and other such stores tend to stock most of their products, all in different colours too. Be warned, though, some of their cases come at a premium, but that's always going to be the case when buying the best (and they usually bundle a good PSU and such with them). Places like eBuyer also sell quite a lot of cheap cases, but I can't vouch for the quality of these.

Personally, I think the new Alienware case is nothing short of stunning :) However, I don't believe it's currently available to buy separate from one of their systems :(

Kind Regards

W

Will

Unfortunately, the Antec and Chieftec cases all have front drivebay covers, which I wasn't too keen on for various reasons (front-mounted LED panels are cool, aren't they?). The new Alienware case looks nice, but like you said, they don't sell them as a stand-alone case, and they aren't available in the UK at all.

D

Deadmanwalking

You have prob already looked at these but

Coolermaster i think that the TAC-T01 is beautiful but that has a cover covering front drive bays. Have a look there though some nice cases and i can vouch for the build quality.

Lian-Li which i have to say i personally think look like shitty cheap copies, but there quality isnt in doubt as far as i know.

Hope this helps

J

Jonty

Sorry, wasn't very helpful then :( Just for reference, though, Alienware UK has been around for a little while now; and both Chieftec's products (and Antec's) do have some cases without the covers; although I'm not too sure whether they are available in different colours, or where you'd have to spray them. But I take your point, drive-bay LEDs are cool :)

Kind Regards

W

Will

Well, I do have a Coolermaster case just now, but none of those cases (Lian-Li or Coolermaster) seem to scream buy me!!!! when I look at them. I agree with the TAC-T01 case, that does look very sexy, but the Shuttle is still winning over these.

I dunno, I guess I'm just looking for something which doesn't exist, my perfect little case.

I meant LCD panel, rather than LED, my bad.;)

Really, the problem with the Shuttle is the crampedness means I couldn't do much with it. I've seen a barebones system which has two drive-bays in a similar sized case, but P4 only, and my budget tells me that would be a waste of money.

Maybe I can mod the Shuttle to take the LCD panel..I've seen them modded to take some real stupid stuff. so I might give this a go.:)

T

Tom

I quite like those transparent cases, but tbh I would much rather have a little box that I could brick up in the wall, with a few drives on cables sat on my desk. That way I wouldn't need to listen to 5 fans and 3 hdd buzzing away.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
I quite like those transparent cases, but tbh I would much rather have a little box that I could brick up in the wall, with a few drives on cables sat on my desk. That way I wouldn't need to listen to 5 fans and 3 hdd buzzing away.

I like it!

*gets his drill*

W

Will

I've tried a perspex box, but they have too many fans slots, get far too dusty, and are a nightmare to work with. I'd never get one again.

D

Deadmanwalking

Not everyone can fit something as big as that into their lifes TDC :D

W

Will

Originally posted by Will.
Well, I do have a Coolermaster case just now, but none of those cases (Lian-Li or Coolermaster) seem to scream buy me!!!! when I look at them. I agree with the TAC-T01 case, that does look very sexy, but the Shuttle is still winning over these.

P

PR.

The problem I have with cases is that no matter what size case you get everything still gets crammed in the small space at the bottom :(

I have a full tower and its still very cramped in the bottom around the motherboard

W

Wilier

This one looks quite spinky.
In fact if you go here there are a few case reviews, although I suspect that Bit-tech are in cahoots with Coolermaster :rolleyes:

W

Will

Reading that THG review summed up my problem. All the nice cases are designed for modders/overclockers, and so have far too many fans, and far too much noise.

Thanks for all the help, but I'm going to go with the Shuttle I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom