Nice article on Horizons

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Screenshots look disappointing... less than DAoC.

Personally i won't replace DAoC with another mmorpg unless it's revolutionary in both graphics and gameplay, which none of the newer mmorpg's are atm. All more of the same... and Mythic is doing a good job of expanding and improving DAoC.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Screenshots look disappointing... less than DAoC.

Personally i won't replace DAoC with another mmorpg unless it's revolutionary in both graphics and gameplay, which none of the newer mmorpg's are atm. All more of the same... and Mythic is doing a good job of expanding and improving DAoC.
erm? damn did they start doing a good job since I quit? :rolleyes:

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Jonaldo
erm? damn did they start doing a good job since I quit? :rolleyes:

We moan about them a lot because we are all sad bastards who care about this game way to much, but I agree with Crazymuppet, none of the up-and-coming MMORPG's seem to have the potential to replace DAoC.

O

old.Tohtori

Hmm.

Screenshots look MMORPG enough, its missing the interface so it looks a bit more crappy ofcourse. Graphics ain't that much different and certainly nothing that we haven't seen before. Kittens should just f**k off though. Bloody EQ kitty fighters...

The crafting system, realistic? Sure but just more steps into the grind. And now you have to wait for a treepop i assume. Unless every crafter can draw wood from the everlasting tree of treenes.

Switching classes seems like a nice idea but there's the thing about player-cookiecutter-obsession. Two weeks after the release, my mystical orb of enlightment tells me, there will be warrior/mage/rogue combos that everyone wants and will do.

All in all, another MMORPG on the market with little enw to offer.

In my opinion that is.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Thats a little unfair.

Each and every MMORPG will end up gonig through the same lifecycle, its not the developers fault its the players who make it that.

The question is, will it have a decent enoguh lifespan before it gets to the same stage that DAoC is at now. I personally think the answer is no but I'm still going to try it.

O

old.Tohtori

I may not be fair but i say what i think :D

Just my asshole on the matter.

J

Jonaldo

Ultima Online kept me interested for about 18 months.
DAoC kept me interested for about 5-6 months.

I don't care about graphics to be honest as I grew up playing games on a Spectrum and realise that a good game is the most important thing, and this is something DAoC is not.

I look forward to seeing all the new MMORPGs coming out as most of them look much better than DAoC and to be honest I wouldn't mind if quite a few of the community stayed here. I'll try and drag the nice people I know into something new although half of them have already also quit and are looking forward to new games.

V

Vell

Will I be able to bake muffins and fish for old boots? :D

Out of all the new MMORPG's coming up, I think Horizons is the only one which is likely to be my next stop.

B

bulge

Originally posted by Jonaldo
I don't care about graphics to be honest as I grew up playing games on a Spectrum and realise that a good game is the most important thing, and this is something DAoC is not.

Amen to that, me too :)

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Hmm.

Screenshots look MMORPG enough, its missing the interface so it looks a bit more crappy ofcourse. Graphics ain't that much different and certainly nothing that we haven't seen before. Kittens should just f**k off though. Bloody EQ kitty fighters...

The crafting system, realistic? Sure but just more steps into the grind. And now you have to wait for a treepop i assume. Unless every crafter can draw wood from the everlasting tree of treenes.

Switching classes seems like a nice idea but there's the thing about player-cookiecutter-obsession. Two weeks after the release, my mystical orb of enlightment tells me, there will be warrior/mage/rogue combos that everyone wants and will do.

All in all, another MMORPG on the market with little enw to offer.

In my opinion that is.

cyniseelism.

true though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom