"Nice" answer from Goa support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Here I post you my problem:

""Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Single Respec

Discussion Thread
Response (CM) 11/30/2004 03:20 PM

Greetings,
You cannot use any single line respec until you have used your full respec or it is lost in some way (if you gain a level or outstanding respecs are removed in a future patch). As said a full respec will overwrite any other skill respec you have.
If you use a full respec you will keep the same number of total points that you have at the moment (including 'bonus' points from autotraining) however the lines that your class autotrains in will be at their maximum autotrained level meaning that if you haven't autotrained them, your available points will be slightly lower as the points to get them to this level will be taken from your total.
There is a fuller explanation in the Camelot Herald grab bag at http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1536.shtml

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
Customer (---------------------) 11/30/2004 12:00 AM
Thanks for the answer.

This means that I lost my single respec and my in game cash/time?

Any way, this means that I never can use a single line respec until i use the Full respec, right?

If I use the Full respec I will lose my autotraining points.

Thanks and best regards.

Response (CM) 11/29/2004 04:04 PM
Greetings,
Thank you for the query. You are being told to use your full respec because you have not yet used it. It is not possible to have both a full respec and a single line respec at the same time. The Full respec will overwrite any other respec that you have. This is not a bug and is documented in the FAQ.

Yours sincerely,
Customer (----------------------) 11/27/2004 12:08 PM

Hiya:

I tryed this morning to make a single respec in my SB Nimeves.

The NPC in Vasudheim got my Ceriac Stone and I got the msg to go to my trainer and make /respec .

I went to Jordheim and I made respec axe. The NPC told me that I must type /respec all.

The number of the Ceriac stones are sooo limited anbd they are expensive in the game.

Why I can't use my single respec? Did I lose that single respec? If I lost it, for sure you will give it to me again, right?

Thanks and best regards. ""

Well... from this I can udnerstand that I must wait until the 1.71patch to I can use my single line respec stones. Any way, as I can see I lost my 4P and the stone that I used to get my single line respec.

Wouldn't be better if the NPC in Vasudheim didn't get the stone telling you that you can't use it until the FULL respec is gone?

What do you think about this?

Thanks and best regards.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
If I use the Full respec I will lose my autotraining points.
Whatever made you think that?

I used a full respec on my Shadowblade just a few days ago (latest patch and everything). I autotrained stealth to lvl 48, and my stealth was autotrained to lvl 12 after the full respec, with the proper amount of skillpoints left to spend.

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure?

If you use the FULL respec stone in a SB, you will see your Stealth with 12 trained levels aye, but... As soon as you train it, you will expend skill points like if you had Stealth at Lv1.

When you autotrain, you wouldn't expend points training Stealth until past Lv12, then you will expend points.

If I use the FULL respec on my SB, I will lose my 77 extra points from the autotraining as I lost them autotraining my warrior and then making a FULL respec.

Thanks.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Immortal urban myths:

Elvis is not dead
The moon landing never took place
UFO´s are frequently landing on earth
BigFoot, Yeti and Nessie are real
Single line respecs make you lose autotrain

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Omg...

Single Line Respecs make you lose your autotraining?

M8, are you sure? Oo

I don think so...

He he. Only a joke. :)

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
I have tested it myself. You don't lose autotrain points when respeccing.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm wasn't this known since respec stones came into the game? (And why bother buying a single respec if they are even more pricey then a full respec stone?)

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Simmern m8... :)

Try to test your spec in a Character planner. You will see that you don't have the 77 skill points more to traing when you use a FULL respec. Unleash, ofc, that Mythic changed this is the last patch. :)

Sad but... Goa/Mythic can't understand this reason...

Thanks.

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
I respecced last patch and I DIDN'T lose auto train points. I checked it in a character builder (catacombs). I even made my new spec there and still had my auto train points.
And I know people have respecced this patch and not lost autotrain points either.

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Omg - Omg - Omg

No more Single Stones with 10P price.

No more TG.

The FULL respecs don't make you lose your autotraining!!!

I just respeced my SB.

3240 skill points to train and Lv12 in stealth.

COOL!!!

Thanks and best reagards. Have fun!!!

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
haha they suck

i resently emailed them telling them i couldnt access there website to unsubscribe ( because of its general shitness )so could they do it via email.
they emailed me back telling me to go to there website and do it...
!!!! they make me mad !!!

Usosan

Fledgling Freddie
Shneddi said:
haha they suck

i resently emailed them telling them i couldnt access there website to unsubscribe ( because of its general shitness )so could they do it via email.
they emailed me back telling me to go to there website and do it...
!!!! they make me mad !!!

If your that desperate to /cancel, then close the account from which the account is renewed from.

Had a friend who wanted to cancel, but couldn't GOA kept taking the money off his credit card... so he cancelled it :kissit:

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
GOA said:
If you use a full respec you will keep the same number of total points that you have at the moment (including 'bonus' points from autotraining) however the lines that your class autotrains in will be at their maximum autotrained level meaning that if you haven't autotrained them, your available points will be slightly lower as the points to get them to this level will be taken from your total.
There is a fuller explanation in the Camelot Herald grab bag at http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1536.shtml

Yours sincerely,
Customer (---------------------) 11/30/2004 12:00 AM
Thanks for the answer.

This isnt that hard to understand,

When you respec you will get full points for your level + any bonus points that you already had. In this case your auto trained points, 77 of them. If you didnt autotrain then you dont get the + bonus.

It then autotrains your skill to level 12 taking the points needed from the total you got back from the respec.

So,

If you autotrained you will get full points + lvl 12 skill
If you did not autotrain you will get full points - the points needed for the lvl 12 skill

Still confused ?

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Jayce...

Erm... I understand the autotraining, but...

If you used a Full Respec Stone, not now since 1.70, you would lose you autotraining, because of this, all the SBs in our realm was searching for single line respec stones, the most to change to sword and get the Battler.

Now, as I tested, you can use Full or Single Respecs, any way you wouldn't lose your auto-training points.

Don't think that I was confused tbh...

Thanks and have fun m8s. :)

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
lol, i didnt read the whole thread.. but i fell off my chair laughing when i read this...

"We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours."

So they expect US to reply within 48hours, otherwise the case is trashed. However! They may take up to 2 weeks (Own experience) before they respond?

Bullshit.. :flame:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kaj said:
lol, i didnt read the whole thread.. but i fell off my chair laughing when i read this...

"We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 48 hours."

So they expect US to reply within 48hours, otherwise the case is trashed. However! They may take up to 2 weeks (Own experience) before they respond?

Bullshit.. :flame:

that's a "we'll take it that you have no more problems and mark it as solved unless you reply in 48 hours" you can reopen things if you get back to them later :p

it's a "if you don't reply in two days we'll stop hanging by the phone waiting for you :p"

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kikerumbo said:

If you used a Full Respec Stone, not now since 1.70, you would lose you autotraining, because of this, all the SBs in our realm was searching for single line respec stones, the most to change to sword and get the Battler.

Now, as I tested, you can use Full or Single Respecs, any way you wouldn't lose your auto-training points.

Don't think that I was confused tbh...

Thanks and have fun m8s. :)

the explanation said that :p
If you haven't autotrained then you'll have less points than expected.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Kikerumbo said:

If you used a Full Respec Stone, not now since 1.70, you would lose you autotraining, because of this, all the SBs in our realm was searching for single line respec stones, the most to change to sword and get the Battler
You never lost autotraining points when respeccing. Not when using full respecs or otherwise. It was just rumours that boosted the sales for single respec stones. There is no reason, and never was any reason for them to cost more than full respec stones other than greed.

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
Usosan said:
If your that desperate to /cancel, then close the account from which the account is renewed from.

Had a friend who wanted to cancel, but couldn't GOA kept taking the money off his credit card... so he cancelled it :kissit:

hehe would do , but its my 'rents account

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
well you could lose points by respeccing by doing the following (not sure if this is still the case but it definately was a while ago)...

if you DONT autotrain an autotrain skill (ie IF sword and shield autotrained on a warrior, and i specced sword from the start up to 50, therefore stopping the autotrain) then at a later date decide to respec, say at lvl 50....the 12 points would stay there as if it had autotrained. this would leave me 77 points short of my total (i would have spent 1325, and only been returned 1248). if i then went and put those into hammer for example (which in my example isnt an autotrain skill) i would have lost those autotrain points because i cant take them from my sword skill to put into my hammer skill (therefore the most i could spec in hammer would be 48). the only way to have avoided this would be to have put those points into shield, rather than hammer, after letting it autotrain to 12....in which case i wouldnt have lost any points (since it would only cost 1248 to take shield up to 50, instead of the 1325 it would cost me to spec 50 hammer). i would assume the single line stone would have been the same when respeccing from an autotrain line u didnt autotrain, to a non-autotrain line.

there is no way to only place 1248 points into a skill (ie by autotraining that skill to 12, then speccing the remainder to 50) then withdraw 1325 via a respec, otherwise it would essentially provide a free autotrain for any line of your choice.

as i said, im not sure if this is still the case, but it was at 1 point, and im going back a bit so forgive me if its no longer true.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
You never loose autotrained points through respec. I've had gimped 4 points from autotraining and respecced several times and they are still there.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
rhirap has it right - but you're not losing points, just you can't reassign the first 12 points in an autotrainable line.

If you happen to have autotrained that line then you get those 12 levels for "free", if you trained in the line as you levelled those 12 levels are locked and cost you points.

(e.g. my merc has only 26 parry because I went from slash to crush - slash autotrained, and keeps 77 points worth of my points in it. Thrust also autotrained and keeps 77 points but I got them for "free" by autotraining. Crush doens't autotrain so starts at 1 after a respec)

robertlomax

Fledgling Freddie
respec

the auto trained points are allocated to the auto trained skill = it stops you spending those points in a different skill but you dont lose them just cant move them else where, which makes sense really.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Kikerumbo said:
If I use the FULL respec on my SB, I will lose my 77 extra points from the autotraining as I lost them autotraining my warrior and then making a FULL respec.

The warrior is different from other autotraining classes because it autotrains ALL combat skills. The only way to get the extra points is NOT to spec in either hammer/sword/axe until lvl 48.

There were several people I knew who insisted that you could get the extra points by specing in say axe while you leveled and then using a single line respec and specing in hammer/sword and getting the auto train points. I am pretty sure that is total rubbish.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
robertlomax said:
the auto trained points are allocated to the auto trained skill = it stops you spending those points in a different skill but you dont lose them just cant move them else where, which makes sense really.

Fcking lol? I was still wanking over Britney Spears the time that this thread was created.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed.. you don't lose your auto trained points anymore when you use a full respec i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom