Nice and spicey and you are gonna like this ><

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, friend asks me round to fix his pc, says something about accidently reinstalling windows on his socket a old piece of crap - yup i am that pissed with it.

So I go round, see what the installation is doing, it gets to a certain point and then just completely stops and locks his keyboard and mouse out. He insists that he wants to keep everything that was on the hdd.

Ok, so i suggest he buys a new ide hdd and we install from fresh from there - yup he's on socket a ^_^. Gets the new hdd, tries every mobo setting so come to the conclusion that the hdd is dead. Takes it back to the shop, and it was. So we get a new hdd, puts it on, windows xp installation and same thing happens again so interrupt and get an ntldr problem. Bios flashed, try again and same happens.

Tests the new hdd on my pc, and his old one, old one is now dead. Takes the new hdd back to the shop as I know it's working and gets it formatted. Reconnects the hdd back to his comp, bios read that and a new dvd rom (ide) i got just in case his old one wasn't correctly reading his windows disk again a known problem. Installation of windows does not find his hdd even though the bios knows that it's there. So headache time, I go and do a bit of research to find this is a common problem and that he needs to change his on chip settings in advanced peripherals to IDE instead of RAID.

So I phoned him and told him to do that, now he's saying that option isn't there, he didn't get any disks or manual with the second hand comp that he was given for free and no drivers with it. Yeah I can F6 the windows installation and try get some drivers and see what happens, but seriously, I am really thinking of telling him to shove it up arse because this thing seriously needs a sledge hammer to it imo :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Oh nice, his bios won't move the solution because the option isn't there, and he's got no spare floppy 3.5" rofl............

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks but wouldn't be any use anyway due to the fact that to F6 it autos to his a drive and it won't read anything else, i gave up on it, worked hard for no gain and told him what to do
You kinda need to enter bios and change booting order to CD/DVD instead of HDD...

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
You kinda need to enter bios and change booting order to CD/DVD instead of HDD...

Tryed that also, nice to see that you are checking to see if i was thorough, but no, still wants teh a:\ drive :(

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Tryed that also, nice to see that you are checking to see if i was thorough, but no, still wants teh a:\ drive :(
Uhm i dont get it.. Is this after you boot from the installation cd? It seems to me that it wants the A: drive after you press F6?

The memory test cd is bootable, you dont need to boot from the installation cd/dvd (vista/winxp) first..

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Uhm i dont get it.. Is this after you boot from the installation cd? It seems to me that it wants the A: drive after you press F6?

The memory test cd is bootable, you dont need to boot from the installation cd/dvd (vista/winxp) first..

No, the F6 is to install his sata raid drivers, nothing to do with mem test mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom