NFD and pals - low fuss meet - UPDATED WITH SPECIFICS

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Ok germ of an idea and at the risk of making things complicated, thought i'd post this up.

Few of the old NFD crowd going to have an informal get together in London at a date to be decided around March or April.

This is going to be a low fuss, meet at the pub for some drinks and see where things go kind of thing. No d-day landing like planning, no name tags. This will be happening, even if it's just me and Maeloch stuck in some cheap dive with tarry floors.

Offer is there for anyone who would like to turn up to say hi and drink a few drinks and talk about old times with some undoubted GOA bitching along the way (after the 5th pint).

** UPDATE **

VENUE:John Snow, Soho, London, W1F 9QP - pub details # beerintheevening.com

WHEN:Saturday 4th April. I'll be there for 6, imagine others will be there earlier.

PM Me for my mobile.

** UPDATE 2 **
Some of us booked in at this Youth Hostel

YHA London St Paul's
36 Carter Lane,
London EC4V 5AB
Phone Within UK: 0845 371 9012
E-mail: stpauls@yha.org.uk
http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommoda...uls/index.aspx

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I suppose only NFD and London area-based ones at that likely to turn up, but they've generally been good nights anyhow :).

Only problem is, will have to listen to peeps rattling on about WAR :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If i ain't off to Mexico i might come this time around ^^

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
That would be good Gahn.

It's just a friendly get together, give me the chance to associate some ventrilo voices with faces.

Everyone is welcome to drop in, be nice to see some old enemies as well as old friends, but no biggie either way.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is going to be a low fuss, meet at the pub for some drinks and see where things go kind of thing. No d-day landing like planning, no name tags. This will be happening, even if it's just me and Maeloch stuck in some cheap dive with tarry floors [/b]

Awessommeee, can I come, I'll wear my Lord of the Rings outfit! :p :lol:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hehehe, I'll ask my old man if he will go ( Aru Arua Zedan ) and my bro ( Shimynor ) but you won't know me, even though, i played those characters at a later stage ;)

:ninja:

And by the way, I only have a "Frodo Baggins" one ;(

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Crom showing his face; beer; & sticky floors?? All in one night???

Where do I sign?

Can I poke people that talk about WAR with a very pointy stick?

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
i think i might be able to turn up. was talking to beli about organising another meet but this looks like it'll work.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
As long as I have about 2-3 weeks notice I can be there :D

If it's after the 27th March I might even have some money ;)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Like a sword?

In as much as a sword isn't sticky or pokey (use I know that pokey isn't a real word when it comes to poking) then no.

It has to be a very pointy stick - I might say long now as well as I've been thinking about it & I think if it's a long stick then I wont have to reach as far to poke people & that's an important when you're having a drink & don't want to move too much.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds a good idea to me.

The meet that is not the long sticky pointy thingy.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
Crom showing his face; beer; & sticky floors?? All in one night???

Where do I sign?

Can I poke people that talk about WAR with a very pointy stick?

FYI NFD WAR has kicked into awesome mode of late. 2fg currently running in T2 and fairly balanced groups.

Even jamies is playing a healer :eek2:

Genedril

Part of the furniture
FYI NFD WAR has kicked into awesome mode of late. 2fg currently running in T2 and fairly balanced groups.

Even jamies is playing a healer :eek2:

I'm sure it's wonderful, it's just really not for me (see; my sarcasm lives & breathes). Though JimJams playing in a group type role would be a sight to behold it's not enough to get me back there (for the record red hot pokers, nor 1,000 virgins would do that either).

I'm not going to rise to Belis bait over the stick thing - everyone knows that a pointy stick is important.

Who'd have guessed that I've been net-less (& tv less for that matter) for the last 2 months??? I'm going to descend upon these boards with a righteous fury & type many, many things...... Ok, I've watched to many West Wing series while I've been cut off from the real world (you lot are real right????).

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Who'd have guessed that I've been net-less (& tv less for that matter) for the last 2 months??? I'm going to descend upon these boards with a righteous fury & type many, many things...... Ok, I've watched to many West Wing series while I've been cut off from the real world (you lot are real right????).

Nnnooo don't tell us that.

We cannot talk about War and now we know what you have been doing for the past few months - cripes what are we gonna talk about.

Okies got me questions ready ...

What ho ! How has the VAT reduction affected you ?
Hhhmm that lack of liquidity in the banking market, bit of a bummer wasn't it ?
Does Gordon Brown's comment about british jobs for british workers mean we can no longer visit Amsterdam but have to go to Soho instead ?
Did you know if you farted constantly for 6 years and 9 months enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb ?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes and sister said they should be able to make it, which is great news. Oh Oshen will come to.

Ambera as well.

Was ambs, paul, shark and nibs who basically kicked off the idea - I talked to ambs who said you lot had something planned - last hurdle will be sorting out a date.

Can anyone get hold of Horner?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tuthmes and sister said they should be able to make it, which is great news. Oh Oshen will come to.

Ambera as well.

Was ambs, paul, shark and nibs who basically kicked off the idea - I talked to ambs who said you lot had something planned - last hurdle will be sorting out a date.

Can anyone get hold of Horner?

I can hang him if you want :m00:

ambera

Loyal Freddie
Date is now set at 4th April. We still need to confirm a time and a place, but that's the easy bit.
:cheers:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Deadweight has suggested:
John Snow, Soho, London, W1F 9QP - pub details # beerintheevening.com

Which is as good as any, maybe i could take in a gentlemans show as well.

I've been largely off the booze for about 2.5 years, so an early start is dangerous for me, but reckon me and mael will be down there for about 18:00, if you are early, the worst that can happen is you have to sit and drink beer!

Did message one of the guys from TT but not had a reply yet. What about Takits?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
sorry Crom 4th of April is no go for me - could have done a couple of weeks later maybe but the 4th is booked. :< Have a good one

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Did you read the reviews for that pub ?

Made me laugh.

Cheap beer and plenty of others nearby so seems a good starter - just don't step off of the kerb.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
I can be there, just need to sort the travel.
Are people gonna be staying somewhere too?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'll do my best to come to this. Work commitments on 24th/25th March elsewhere in the country but am up for it otherwise.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be kipping over with Mael, not sure on others plans.

Incidently, PM me for my moby number - handy if you going to be late and wanna check if we've moved etc.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I'll do my best to come to this. Work commitments on 24th/25th March elsewhere in the country but am up for it otherwise.

That would be great m8. More the merrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom