those big ones are rather huge
hope they're cheap if they are 1 use only

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
So whats the big boat called? the Zergzanic? :rolleyes:

if only the gamesystem would be as good as these visuals ><

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
looks nice, but i'm still unconvinced about boat combat. If only 5 people max (including the person driving) can participate in it what the the others on the boat do?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Archeon said:
looks nice, but i'm still unconvinced about boat combat. If only 5 people max (including the person driving) can participate in it what the the others on the boat do?

should be able to board the other boat imo
or otherwise, afk a lot...

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:

get off and fight

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
get off and fight

will it work like toa then? disembark from the boat and fall through, then target someone else who is in the boat and swim through their boat to your target and start hitting him? ><

or do the boats have collision detection, are are they just ToA boats?

Cyfr

Banned
They are toa boats from what i've played today.. and extreamly buggy too :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Morchaoron said:
will it work like toa then? disembark from the boat and fall through, then target someone else who is in the boat and swim through their boat to your target and start hitting him? ><

i hope thats not the case :( but i can also see why it would be if u cant hit persons that sit in a boat (with melee)...

imagine u meet a FG mids in a boat and all the melee classes jump off to face your FG melee classes, the shamans and healers and clerics stay in the boat.... now if u cant hit them in melee that would be quite a nasty exploit oportunity there... :(

same would go for any ranged attacker to if they stay in a boat.. they can hit u with arrows and spells but u cant melee them back....

its probably not gonna be what i described but then again.... it IS Mythic.... ;)

/edit: lol.. just read this

- Players cannot move, cast, attack, or perform any other actions while sitting on a boat. Players can only be attacked using targeted range attacks. AE spells, mezzes, roots, and melee attacks will not affect players on boats

not exactly the same but still.. the healers and anyone still on the boat cant cast any spells. but they cant get hit either (with melee attacks)...... so first u need to sink their boat, THEN u can kill them.....

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Those keeps look fucking awesome :D

I *really* hope they have sorted the engine out so its not a lag-fest when defending/attacking keeps.

Cyfr

Banned
Well.. I went to a keep that was under attack and I didn't get any lag, however I can't compare that to Prydwen as i've never really had a problem with SI engine, and not played toa on prydwen ;).

frontiers.jpg

The keep in the background is DC :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
Well.. I went to a keep that was under attack and I didn't get any lag, however I can't compare that to Prydwen as i've never really had a problem with SI engine, and not played toa on prydwen ;).

frontiers.jpg

The keep in the background is DC :)

cyfr, stlong beggar for pl on mlf ;x

Cyfr

Banned
I get pl'ed in rvr :(
I was level 22 and grouped with 6 50's. When they killed another 50 I got over 2 million xp.. I think I get less than that for killing an orange at level 30 :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
fingomancer went from 30 to 31.8 in about an hour or two of NF RvR :)

might have to go check out the new boats.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Teiten said:
i just cant see the need for a boat & rvr sandwitch

They aint a need, but new thing are refreshing and fun would be booring if the game just stayed that same for ever :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Small question is the RvR dungeons open yet in beta .. if so what they like ?

Xplo

Banned
imo, just jump off the boat and start pbaoe'ing under the enemy boat xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom