NF, melee classes, siege and attitude..

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I prefer to play my shadowblade.. and done mostly so in NF so far, unless repairing doors/towers with my warrior. I am fully aware of the fact that I do have a spiritmaster.. but I hope to avoid being forced into playing either that one or the shaman.

As a pure melee class I feel somewhat reduced to a siegebot now, even if I have stealth.. Most of the fighting has been going on in the southern parts of hibland so doing suicideattacks inside a level 10 keep or even try to attack anyone in a siege-fight is pretty much instadeath..

its np, I can work the siege and do something that way.. however..
It's a bit sad to see even that "taken away" from the melee classes by a dark SM who is camping the siege hookpoint on top of the tower. The SB I was grouped with last night politely asked if he could take over the siege-equipment (the giant crossbow I forgot the name of) since that was pretty much all he could do there.

the polite answer was in the area of "soz, go roll a caster"

now there are probably very nice places for a shadowblade to camp, roam as one or two.. I just havent found them yet.. so I've started to avoid the midgard-zerg and last night I had the most fun in NF so far defending my own frontier. Also tried to take a tower in albland by my own using a treb :p got silly lord to 50% before four albs showed up :)

I didn't intend this to be whine, but might have turned out like it.. this is of course only based on a first impression and might change in the following weeks.

Maybe I should just take the level 20 hunter, give it some gear and go level it in the battlegrounds?

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I was at a few tower sieges with my SB last night. Was practically nothing you could do but to wait for them to bash down the door so you could run in and wack someone. A few times a fg of albs turned up and tried to eliminate the attacking mids and there wasnt really much a SB could do against a fg. :)

Selenium

Fledgling Freddie
FFS u guys blind ..? i got loads of fun after i finded the way of playing sb in NF ..
1. Go to chicke points where enemy must pass .
2. Solo and unbuffed well dresed Sb can take loads of classes :>
3. Find the major sieges and camp on the incoming enemy route

Btw ... there r loads of things u can doo .. just dress ur sb like it should be ...

Hope ull find theese 3 steps usefull .. and soon ul add more :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom