NF chanter/ment/anim ra: negative maelstrom

Bellona

Banned
Negative Maelstrom: Active 6 tick AE DoT with a 350 radius.

The damage starts at the listed amount and increases by that amount each tick. 2 second non-interruptable cast time.
re-use timer: 900
level 1: 20 dmg
level 2: 40 dmg
level 3: 60 dmg

available to: Enchanter, Spiritmaster, Bonedancer, Theurgist, Sorcerer, Mentalist, Animist, Necromancer, cabalist

newest information from NF site, so if it doubles every tick, it has to be like 20 40 80 ... etc..

so for the 3 levels, the dmg output would be:

20 40 80 160 320 640

40 80 160 320 640 1280

60 120 240 480 960 1920

:eek6: :eek6: :eek6:

or maybe did mythic just descripe it wrong ?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Bellona said:
Negative Maelstrom: Active 6 tick AE DoT with a 350 radius.

The damage starts at the listed amount and increases by that amount each tick.

60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 360

edit- this is supposed to be how it works according to that description :p if it doesn't its prolly a bug (cuz dots ticking for 1900 hp is a bit insane :p)

Bellona

Banned
ok, just found out i read it a different place from where i copied it :eek:

read it from a RA calc that was updated with the new RAs, but it seems to be quite wrong :)

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
that's so fuckin stupid. they should make it the other way around, high at first then tails off, because of all the chances of purge/cure etc after the first few ticks.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
that's so fuckin stupid. they should make it the other way around, high at first then tails off, because of all the chances of purge/cure etc after the first few ticks.

Be kinda fun though.

Tanks and mages especially screaming at their healers because the dot damage is getting steadily worse :)

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:
Be kinda fun though.

Tanks and mages especially screaming at their healers because the dot damage is getting steadily worse :)

but, cure poison or 5mins purge... do u think this will ever get to the last few ticks. i dont.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
afaik there is no group cure poison, and with the current state of dots it's not worth curing them really.. costs less power to cast a group heal or two

i think these dots will stick till the end pretty often, when was the last time you purged a dot? :p

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
when was the last time you purged a dot? :p

was what i was gonna say... its not like u waste purge for a dot.. unless ur affected by something else nasty maybe ;D

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 360
Yet another reason for me not to solo with chanter. As soon as i enter a milegate i'm dead.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
The description Belona gave was how it worked originaly but it was changed by Mythic to work in the way others described.

It isn't a dot it's a storm which works in the same way as the sormlord ML's

I'd say anyone stupid enough to stand in it that long deserved the 1920 damage (exception being stuck in lords room) :)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:

if it works like the current version of NM then it cannot be cured/purged. Why? Because it is a ground target aoe damage over time spell - that means once you leave the area you don't get hit anymore (just like a DD storm works). Complete waste of RA points.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
afaik there is no group cure poison, and with the current state of dots it's not worth curing them really.. costs less power to cast a group heal or two

i think these dots will stick till the end pretty often, when was the last time you purged a dot? :p

:rolleyes:

after you see ur affected with this dot, a simple <Cure Poison> in grp instantly, and then one of ur dr00ds has about 10seconds before this starts to do any damage at all. i think they can manage it ;)

as i understand it, this will come in NF? meaning (hypothetically) a lot of people have 5mins purge? still dont think i'd purge a dot, but it's more likely ;)

however if its like garba said it's irrelevant anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom