Next patch on test server soon...

P

[PS]Venom

We will be releasing a patch to Test Server today that includes the following adjustments. I will announce when these are live:
1) The Lightning now features a 360 degree turret.

2) Medic Radar: When an advanced Medic has the Medical Applicator equipped, they will be able to see the location of corpses that have not yet been released on their overhead radar. Dead players who have not yet released their corpses will be able to tell if a Medic is nearby from the overhead radar.

3) Support Classes will now display an icon overhead.

4) Hotspots will now require ten people to be involved in a battle to create a hotspot, rather than 6.

5) The nano dispenser fire effect has been changed.

6) Most explosion sounds are really 3d now, if you move their 3d position is updated accordingly.

7) Performance monitor can be toggled using Ctrl + .

8) Lasher refire time reduced to 1/4 second from 1/3 second, lashes more often and in a slightly larger space.

9) The Mini-Chaingun's maximum Cone of Fire has been reduced. The Cone of Fire now blooms more slowly and starts building later in the burst.

10) The range of the Flak Cannons on the Skyguard has been doubled.

11) The Thresher's Flux Cannon damage has been increased by 50%. It's range has also increased 50%.

12) The Thresher and the Marauder have had their armor boosted by 1/3. All Medium Assault Buggies now sport the same amount of armor.

13) Empire logos on the HART shuttle have undergone some cosmetic changes.

Woa.. Vanu love, Medic enhancements, and lightning turrets! Neato!

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
9) The Mini-Chaingun's maximum Cone of Fire has been reduced. The Cone of Fire now blooms more slowly and starts building later in the burst.
I hope they'll be boosting the Jackhammer accordingly with this, the Terran weapons are overpowered enough as it is. As it is NC only have one viable weapon worth speccing in, now making this better than the Jackhammer we'll all just be forever looting TR corpses whenever we actually will be able to kill them.

*whines more*
:m00:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*joins the whine*

It's just amazing what influence the yankee boards seem to have on the developers... :rolleyes:

T

Turamber

Jackhammer users asking for the thing to be boosted? :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Erm... enough with that VS being underpowered blabble.

Please. Thanks.

F

Faeldawn

Time to cash in my enforcer for a lightning it seems :)

M

mid_Efour

3) Support Classes will now display an icon overhead.

good but, im combat engineer cloaker sometimes so does this mean i will have an icon over my head? hmmmz :) we shall see

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Erm... enough with that VS being underpowered blabble.

Please. Thanks.

Is that what I said? :eek:

I have a toon on emerald that uses the jackhammer, its head and shoulders above the other empire specific weapons. It's a much needed change.

On a previous post some hardcore NC type said the VS should develop "tactics" to combat all the jackhammers out there. Would love to hear just what those tactics are, maybe they involve having open plan bases? :p

B

bone_idle

Re: Re: Next patch on test server soon...

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I hope they'll be boosting the Jackhammer accordingly with this, the Terran weapons are overpowered enough as it is. As it is NC only have one viable weapon worth speccing in, now making this better than the Jackhammer we'll all just be forever looting TR corpses whenever we actually will be able to kill them.

*whines more*
:m00:

Come back to TR then ya gimpoid. :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Turamber
Is that what I said? :eek:

I have a toon on emerald that uses the jackhammer, its head and shoulders above the other empire specific weapons. It's a much needed change.

On a previous post some hardcore NC type said the VS should develop "tactics" to combat all the jackhammers out there. Would love to hear just what those tactics are, maybe they involve having open plan bases? :p

You are not up to date anymore - latest whines are about the minigun which is equal in strength to the JH but at all ranges now.

Oh - not to forget the VS standard medium assault zapper that takes out Reavers in 4 or 5 shots in 2ndry mode.

Fucking :m00:

F

fidi

The VS medium weapon is the pulsar and last time i checked it definately couldn't take out a reaver in 5 shots in secondary mode. Would be great if it could :) You sure you're not getting confused with the Lancer?

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Lancer does it in 3 :p

At least 8 direct hits :) Been a while since I used one, but if it took 3 direct hits to take out a reaver I'd be on about 3k kills now :)

3 hits for infantry. 4/5ish for MAXEs.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

There, there...

and you don't need more than one shot to kill with the Jackhammer, right? :m00:

About 3 for a grunt? More perhaps if the barrel is not crammed up his arse? But VS are so underpowered!!!111 Help SOE etc. etc.

P

[PS]Venom

*sighs*

Can't you stop with the goddamn whinging and whining about a patch that isn't even live yet, and judge it when it goes live? I think that you've been reading the US boards too much, and american kiditis is catching.

There's a reason I don't read them, and this is it.

I'm don't really want to get involved in the argument. I have my opinions, you have yours about the Empire you play and it's weaponry.

Personally I think SOE may have gone a little too far with the other HA weaponry, but I also think the Lasher at least has got a downside to the boost.

I think it'll even things out.

But then, I'm just vanu, right? And after all, I whine and whine about how inferior we are.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
But then, I'm just vanu, right? And after all, I whine and whine about how inferior we are.
The first step to resolving a problem is admitting you have a problem ;) yes, you are Vanu :p

M

=M<P=Xerxes

I like the support class icon idea. Also the advanced medic to, got rid of that cos guys did respawns too quiclkly. Just hope they look at the radar. Also will it stop the constant spaming? "we need a medic", "we need reconstruction". I'm also an repair engineer. Wonder what the two icons above my head will look, lol.

G

Gekul

Nice to see the game is being improved constantly.

I personally think the lightning needs armour more than a weapon increase, but will have to see how effective that turret is.

Unclesick, you need to sort out a few of your facts. The AP on the pulsar would need several clips to take down a reaver.
The lancer needs a reload and needs to be lead, making it difficult to aim at moving targets. If a reaver is hovering about taking these hits it deserves to die.
It's 6 hits for maxes (1 clip) and 3 for infantry. But the ammo boxes are AV boxes, there are a lot better anti-infantry weapons.
I do agree about the chaingun though, I believe the terran argument is it's only marginally better than the cycler. The cycler just happens to be the best medium assault weapon in the game.
The lasher, is not up to par, and you can't say otherwise ;)

P

[PS]Venom

Gekul I had started writing a post similar but I came to the conclusion that it probably wasn't worth the hassle :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom