Next expansion..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering the other night, if there will be a new expansion for Daoc next year.

I havent seen anything from Mythics website, and with them developing WAR i adont think they will have the rrsoyrces.

With what appears no expansion planned will this drive away more players?

:m00:

Septina

Part of the furniture
Daoc will indeed get a new expansion coming next year, it's called WAR. :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Don't be surprised if current DAOC players get offered WAr at a reduced price to swop over, EA have done it before and will do it in future :)

Eble

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Dawn of Daoc? Am pretty sure if they send in a questionaire to Goa they gonna find many spectacular ways to sink Daoc ^^

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
EAthic have already said they wont be doing anymore expansions, however they will be looking into "pay-as-you-play" addons, like expanded vaults for the stuff you dont get any more due ot a lack of raids, new mounts to compliment the ones we already dont use, new housing features like working toilets, hot and cold running water and estate agents.

EA - its in the bank!

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
The new expansion will be called "Teh search for Service at GOA"

All about finding a little item called GOA in the wast amount of zones in daoc!

*requirement p486 , Resub for 1 year

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Is this really the best strategy for Mythic? Not bothering with expansions and just adding a storyline with each patch.

Even the old games such as EverQuest and Ultima Online still get expansions on a fairly regular basis, although I doubt UO will be receiving many after the recent EA firings.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Is this really the best strategy for Mythic? Not bothering with expansions and just adding a storyline with each patch.

The dragons revenge was very enjoyable imo

nice rewards in the armour sets and second weapon
nice rewards leading up to the climax of the campaign with the cloak and neckie

and very nice dragon-drops for those that have to compensate for poor playing ability through OP'ed items like myself ;)

If the next campaign is something nice like a revamp of SI epic zone
I'll be happy to continue playing this game

Another paid expansion just means another OP'ed class or three added to the game

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I was a bit disappointed with A Dragon's Revenge. The delays with GOA adding the storyline and the various bugs which have occurred as well ended up killing it for me.

It also doesn't help that the server I did start the quests on (Dyvet) has died.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I was a bit disappointed with A Dragon's Revenge. The delays with GOA adding the storyline and the various bugs which have occurred as well ended up killing it for me.

It also doesn't help that the server I did start the quests on (Dyvet) has died.

Understandable to say the least

I've kinda had an aversion to PvE ever since I had to level 11 artis on my ranger all on different mobs/locations

But the dragons revenge campaign was just right in my opinion

I could solo all the quests bar the last three on classic, and for four-five weeks the dragon/glimmer-knight/mini-dragon raids were running non stop
so I didn't have to worry about not being the "right-class" for the raids.

Also the repeatable quests were just excellent for champ level XP and extra coin.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I agree,Dragon Revenge was the right way. Shame they removed those quests now :( Could make 6-7 plats just by levelling by doing those quests on 40-50 :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think daoc will get any more payed expansions, but the future "expansions" will probably be like the dragoncampains. new stuffs in old areas/mobs. up next i would guess will be the SI mobs (tg/sidi etc).

i actually hope they will. i loved raiding TG :D

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
When is everyone going to realise that the DAoC subscription base is only being used to subsidise WAR development. Once WAR is up and running EA, in their usual fashion, will scuttle DAOC without a second thought. I doubt very much that they will invest a single $ into any future DAoC expansions.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
ROFL expansion... ROFL... for.....ROFL....DAOC.....ROFL.

Seriously, rep incoming. Funniest thing i've read in ages.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
ROFL expansion... ROFL... for.....ROFL....DAOC.....ROFL.

Seriously, rep incoming. Funniest thing i've read in ages.

I think the funniest thing was req saying they're on top of the population problem and they're working on a solution.

Oh, wait, that's tragic :(

Zede

Part of the furniture
GOA should offer all the daoc players 6 months free subs to WAR, and create a server called Prydscalibur !

Nate

FH is my second home
Pretty sure it's been said that there will be no more expansions for DAoC, they have been replaced with Campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom