Next "class of the month"

F

Flimgoblin

The smite cleric has been and gone, as has the sniper-archer...

the assassin has had a small nerf, will it be enough to nudge it off the "class of the month seat"? where the "I want to win!" brigade head..

I think there's a fair few mana chanters kicking around already.... but if they fix the pet LOS (the animist TL seems to think that'll get fixed before SI goes out... I hope so) which class would everyone flock to?

(disclaimer: just because the "I want to win" brigade plays a class doesn't mean everyone playing that class has that attitude)

O

old.amoeba

Cave Shaman...

sorry stupid idea - a shaman thats not a buffbot.

M

Milkshake

Yep, agreed.

*goes off to start a Mentalist*

M

Madonion Slicer

I making one of each class dont want to be left behind on any current Fad's, i also be wearing a FCUK T-shirt for the next month or was that last month :D

F

Flimgoblin

good point madonion.. we'll call them "fashion victims" :) the ones that change to the 'best class out there' every time something gets nerfed.

(again, this ain't the people that play a class for what it is)

F

Flimgoblin

Cave/Aug shamen are pretty mean...

their DoT got stealth-upgraded (or fixed...) to be the same as the Cabalist one (admittedly without any +int bonuses that the cabalists get)

they have a bolt, a timered DD, root... endless sprint, armour...

the new smite cleric ;)

oh and great for solo, since if you put more than one in a group the second is completely obsolete ;)

D

-dewey-

urghhhhhh, I hate those fcuk T shirts....... someone should print one with fcuk in small letters at the top and then "Oh sorry I ment FUCK" in the middle.

On the class of the month thing, I seriously think we will see a increase in hunters, everyone wants to be able to insta cast pets and killing casters will become very easy for a hunter now.........

1234Taz

If it goes like US it will be zerkers with buffbots.

A

Apathy

Sorcerer! :clap:

Actually, I tried a mentalist on PvP and liked it a lot. Not as a PvP-specific class or anything. Was just fun.

Started a cabalist (lvl 22 now) for BG1 because I like DoTs muchly since I got my RA DoT on my main.

Have a BG1 friar which is great fun but so slooooooow to walk anywhere. ~plod plod plod~

Going to beg Schmerz to let me use his scout in RvR sometime. Mmm...ranged attack...stealth...

a.

O

old.mattshanes

Cabalists have always been good, people who say they aren't are just people who have a "judge a book by it's cover" attitude.

Roll on more please:D

S

Sharma

I think friars started last month, when i played sharma there was litterally THREE friars in alb/pryd

now ive started playing alb again ive seen like 70

F

Flimgoblin

yeah staff/enhance friars are pretty popular... shame they're really not all that hot :)

They're a buffed semi-armsman ... and since they all ignore their healing lines (the fashion victims this is) they've got nothing support going for them..

Take an armsman, put it against a staff/enhance friar, the friar will win.

Take an armsman, buff him, he'll splat the friar. Same if the friar's buffs run out.

Don't get me wrong - friar's are superb, but they're not main tanks :) they're hybrids, and if you ignore that then you're losing half the character.

That said if you want to make a wacky spec pure staff/enhance with 1 in rejuv you're more than welcome to :) just don't expect it to be "uber"

S

Sharma

if you stuff a friar with dodger and master of parry into the equation, friar might win regardless of armsman buffs

A

Arnor

doubt it abit, since parry/evade "goes against" the weaponskill+something else on the armsman when he attacks, and hes gonna have alot of it when he's buffed.
I think, could be I'm rambling again

That said, the friar will solo one hell of alot faster ^^

O

old.windforce

slash specced s+ s armsman will win
slam
amathyst amathyst amathyst (5 more)

dead friar

T

the_smurflord

I think the big upsurgance in the number of matter cabalists has largely been to their prevalence at the tanglers and their ability to solo them and get heaps of cash and exp. I pity the poor fools who go make one now with this in mind, as the tanglers will get a serious upgrade before they get to a suitable level to do them.

T

the_smurflord

I'm not laughing. As an infiltrator, Blademasters are the class I really try and steer clear off.

O

old.0xygen

thats cuz we are the only class that can hit u :p Light tank with fast weapon pretty good against assassins since they cant possibly evade every bloody swing :p

O

old.Hendrick

I think shadowblades and mercenaries have a similiar relationship :)

R

Rasp

Originally posted by old.windforce
slash specced s+ s armsman will win
slam
amathyst amathyst amathyst (5 more)

dead friar

Hehe I love these posts. This scenario would work if the friar was just standing about doing nothing. Personally I would just purge then haste then end of armsman.

See, I can make up scenarios too.

G

Generic Poster

My lv1 mage could out-staff a friar :p

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom