Newsletter?

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the wrong place to ask, not really sure, but what happened to this months newsletter? some of my friends have gotten it long ago, I never recieved it, I have logged on to check if it was accidently tagged to not recieve and it wasnt, have checked spam filter as well and so on.. it just simply never showed up :( whats with the hate?

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Same happened to me last month..... but it turned up fine and in time this month.

It's happened to a few others on here aswell.... seems to be very hit and miss, but with nearly 700,000 emails to send out a few are bound to have gone astray!!!

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Same here.... haven't received it the last 2 months

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Good point, you can always see the newsletter on the WAR websites.

Something about the emails themselves: the headers are very mangled and the way the whole email is laid out and encoded is very uncompliant. It may be that email servers reject them out of hand or mark them as spam or suspicious or simply withhold them. My domain registrar/webhosts uses an email forwarding system (no email servers of their own, purely hosting) and their setup is very (correctly) stringent about what emails it lets through otherwise they would be blacklisted as senders because in effect that is what they become as a forwarding service. The only emails that are EVER withheld querying their authenticity are the WAR newsletters. They simply look like certain email spam subtypes to the receiving server.

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
Sure I can go look at the webpage.. but its not updated.. but its the princip! I know as Chris says with 700000+ newsletters its okay some go astray, im just greedy:clap: Need my Warhammer fix

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
It's been a bit hit and miss recently for a lot of people and this isn't the first thread about it either.

A mailing list shouldn't be a difficult thing to maintain.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It's been a bit hit and miss recently for a lot of people and this isn't the first thread about it either.

A mailing list shouldn't be a difficult thing to maintain.

Maintaining the list isn't too hard - getting your emails delivered to web mail providers is ;)

Even if someone has signed up for your letter, clicked links to confirm and then posted signed contracts in blood to say that they've definitely agreed to receive it (as you'd hope your list is) it's still a pain in the arse to get the message through.

For those of you missing your newsletters - if you're using a webmail service or a service which allows whitelisting, put the from address in your whitelist - even if it's not appearing in your junk folder it's quite possibly being trashed by an incoming mail filter long before it gets there- if it's in your whitelist it's got a much better chance of getting through.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i always get mine in french anyway for some bizzare reason lol.

i dont know why i registed in english and selected uk as my country :S

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Where on the site can it be viewed?
Under the 'Newsletter' link in the left hand column on the EU site but it's usually some way behind the current version.

Much better is the 'Newsletter Archive' link in the left hand column of the US site which is always up to date.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know - I had to dash off to a meeting and didn't want to rush the link and mangle it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom