Newsgroup Software

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am currently using Grabit, but it seems like it a little gay. Sooooo do you guys have any suggestions for decent newsgroup software?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
newsbin pro has always done the job for me.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Do you have to pay for it chum?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Newsleecher would be the best by far IF it wasnt so unstable in its current beta form. It does an amazing amount of things but its just a wee bit buggy for me, try it tho- see what i mean www.newsleecher.com .

Ive gone back to grabit for the time being, resource hog but does just enough to make me happy.

Im gonna check NL again in a couple of months, its updated weekly.

And Newsbin is minging IMO, and yes you do have to pay unless you know otherwise.

Uriel

Fledgling Freddie
I use Xnews

It's pretty user unfriendly but it works a treat, has quite a bit of functionality if your prepared to get your hands dirty and best of all, is freeware.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Uriel said:
I use Xnews

It's pretty user unfriendly but it works a treat, has quite a bit of functionality if your prepared to get your hands dirty and best of all, is freeware.

Yeah thats another good reader. The only problem i had with that one was the occasional corruption of headers which is a pain in the ass with bigger groups.

I used it for 6 mnths but that again is another resource hog, ive seen it use 300+ram before. Thats why i love newsleecher so much, uses max 30 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom