News about this downtime

A

acei

Looks like Kemor and Zargar are too busy to give us news even though they're our GM's...

So a guy called Erivoss has given us the news about the latest downtime..

Excalibur Login Problems
[2004-6-01]

Yet again there are problems with Excalibur. It seems to be the same problem as on Saturday evening and following that logic you can expect Excalibur to be back up and running at the latest tomorrow morning.

Again, I am very sorry that this is even happening and I will keep you posted as soon as I receive any news on the current situation.

Erivoss - DAoC UK

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1665

Q

Quality

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Begach

And following the above logic you aint fixing it you fuckin muppets. Your just resetting it. Nor do you have any idea what caused the server down on the weekend or we wouldn't be seeing one today.

Keep the fucker down for a week if you have too. But FIX IT!!

B.

J

Jerelyn

Re: Re: News about this downtime

Originally posted by Begach
And following the above logic you aint fixing it you fuckin muppets. Your just resetting it. Nor do you have any idea what caused the server down on the weekend or we wouldn't be seeing one today.

Keep the fucker down for a week if you have too. But FIX IT!!

B.

i like that one :D

GO YELL!

-Jerelyn

B

Begach

Re: Re: Re: News about this downtime

Originally posted by Jerelyn
i like that one :D

GO YELL!

-Jerelyn

Fookin rargh!!! :p

B.

R

Ravenbourne

everyone make /level 20 bone dancers and zerg cammlan

K

karmona

Ffs why they didnt give an advise telling us they will put down the server?now cant play...acc alredy logged in...

J

Jerelyn

Re: Re: Re: Re: News about this downtime

Originally posted by Begach
Fookin rargh!!! :p

B.

not good enough mate, i KNOW you can do better!

come on try again..

-Jerelyn

D

delay

Well, at least they gave us a note shortly after this time...
Got to credit them for that.

Edit: But yes, I'd love to know what the problem really is (I'm a curious person by nature).

R

Ravenbourne

Originally posted by delay
well, at least they gave us a note shortly after, this time...
got to credit them for that.

/agree, though it proves thet were lieing about taking the server down themselves on saturday night

S

sh33py

Originally posted by delay
Well, at least they gave us a note shortly after this time...
Got to credit them for that.

Edit: But yes, I'd love to know what the problem really is (I'm a curious person by nature).

No credit for that, that's the least they should be doing.

And the problem is there are players playing on their servers, GOA didn't take that into account before they shafted half of the daoc servers onto one 486 box with 4 mb ram.

D

delay

Originally posted by sh33py
No credit for that, that's the least they should be doing.
well, credit them for doing their job (for once), then... =)

...oh, and does it really prove they weren't taking the servers down themselves?

i don't know about the rest of Europe, but I had 1000ms ping just before i logged off, and most likely (haven't terminated the ping yet) some packetloss (both of which eventually leads to LDs), and the problem seems to be sprintlink or opentransit's routers...

(do a traceroute to 193.252.123.33 and see if you have a noticeable ping increase somewhere)

S

Sichama

Well three things are to important to ignore.

1) No one takes down a server by unplaging it 4 times before he does, excaliber tried to hold on saturday i LD'd and reloged 4 times before he "was taken down", so it's safe to say that Exc wasn't taken down but crushed, anyway considering my point number 3) there wasn't anyone there to take it down in the first place.

2) Someone could say that the fact that Excaliber died on Saturday during a RR was a coinsidence(sp) but today also?

3) A company that sells a 24/7 service not only does not have a single person in their office during non work houres to press a single button but it doesn't even call in a worker to do it if something goes wrong. Or was it a coinsidence that Exc came live at Monday morning, i even bet that this time also Exc will be restarted tommorow morning, probably after GoA's employees have had their morning coffe at the office.

X

Ximadir

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
everyone make /level 20 bone dancers and zerg cammlan

Account already logged in message4tehwin :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom