Newbies and this mess

A

anon123456

Several people have commented on how newbies would feel about the current situation, so heres my story:

having been talked in leaving EQ, which admittedly i was bored of, into getting DAoC which is apparently a far better game at the higher levels due to the RvR element, I went and bought DAoC and SI at about 10am this morning. I have attempted to create an account since that time.

Basically all I can say is I will be returning the game to the shop on monday and returning to EQ basically because
a) I am actually allowed to play EQ!
b) Things go wrong, but Sony do tell you what is happening, and how long its going to take to fix matters.

My friend pointed out this was the place to post DAoC stuff, I am sure most newbies wouldn't know, but these are probably the comments most newbies are thinking

Good luck to you peeps still trying, but remember the only way to make GOA feel the pain is to vote with your money, I wonder dispite all the complaints, how many of you will keep trying, eventually suceed and keep paying them your cash, that why companies can get away with this.

sorry about the post name but it late at night and none of you will know me anyway.

O

old.Normengast

I agree 100% on your comment, GOA = :puke:

But you shouldn't give up a good game because of that...

That's my opinion.

S

Sigurd

DAoC is Mythic's game. It's a damn good game. It is, however, sadly flawed in several areas but if you played it you'd certainly be hooked - at least for a while. I won't even mention GOA...

A

anon123456

I truely would like to play this game but i wont because:

The point is although it may be a good game, and I have been convinced it is, by putting up with this mess, which could have and indeed should have been predicted, by perserving and continueing to pay you will be justifying the actions of the local provider who will be making increased profit because they spent no additional funds to cover this problem. In a way the DAoC comminity has an advantage over others because you have the oportunity to continue playing by moving to the US servers, or communicate directly to Mythic ' its a great game but i feel i must cancel my subscription due to the inadequacies of your european provider...'. These are the actions that change things, by moaning on a post and continueing to pay, nothing will happen, and when the next crisis occurs the same thing will occur.

I have heard that DAoC is a great community, then if you act as a community next time things may be different

<gets off soap box> sorry but i guess this has annoyed me

S

Sigurd

Too many people are afraid of what GOA would do if they really complained to be honest. And too many people have good friends on the euro servers to move to the US servers (which would involve staying up all night just to play RvR at prime time there) - I agree that GOA are rather incompetent, the things they do right are completely outweighed by the things they don't, people say "poor GOA, they've been working so hard, they don't have to do this" etc. but we are actually PAYING for this game, and sometimes I really, really think they are just sitting there laughing at us. Well, I'll keep playing, like the others, because of my friends here and because I enjoy the game, but in the end I expect GOA will drive me off (like so many before) and that'll be that. In the end the best thing to do is probably play your free trial period and see if you think the good parts outweigh the bad, and then decide what to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom