Newbie stealth question.

N

noya

I was just wondering if people/mobs can cast on you if yer hidden.
Eg: Im duelling a wiz and he out runs me to cast on me, if I hide will he still be able to cast on me (if im still his target) ?

Or will he get a 'target cannot be seen' type message?

S

syri

ok, if you're still close enough for him/her to see your shade, then yes, they can still cast on you. if you move to a point where you can't be seen at all, they can't target you to cast. however, ground target and pbaoe spells would still expose you if you are in the target area.
hope this answers your question

T

Tualatin

btw: GT breaks duel, don't do that. (unless the wiz has no other goal then that.)

V

villageidiot

or if a bolt is hurtling toward you alrdy and you stealth it will still hit

L

-Lillo-

I think that: if caster starts casting before he loses you as a target, he still nukes the fook out of you.

So yes, he does not see you, doesnt have you as a target, but the casted/being casted spell will still land. (unless you manage to get out of range in time ofcourse)

*I'm not sure in what patch this was fixed - if it was even fixed at all yet. I suggest you check some NS/INF/SB TL reports to be sure :)*

I

iluvatur

if you quickcast .. it will still hit the inf even if he hides before you cast it, but a normal spell will fail

O

old.m0000

a bug came into the game a few patches back (cant remember when) that meant that if someone stealths just after you begin casting a spell - the spell still goes off. Always before if you stealthed while someone was casting they would stop casting and the spell would not go off. Now it does, and has never been fixed and is never likely to be - and it fucking sucks.

so yeah if he targets you and starts casting a nuke or bolt, and you stealth before he finishes, the spell will still get cast on you

K

Karnage

Its not a bug.

Read the patch notes and you'll find thats what Mythic intended to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom