Newbie question- mods

T

TedTheDog

And ctrl-k is the suicide button.

And yes, the map Siege has a duff spawn point next to the downstairs gens that puts you in the wall and is most annoying.

Using the command station is simple, walk upto it. "unusing" it is simply a case of pressing your commander button. If you dont know what that is goto "options" and I recall its under "Inventory" or something like that.
If your new avoid using a server running Insomniax ir Renegades. Tribes is enough to take in as it is without huge addons these mods offer.

Also, make sure you've upgraded your client to 1.5 (thats the current version level as of today, the CD version is 1.0). The upgrade is available on our Files section and from many other Tribes sites too. It makes life a little easier and once you've downloaded it the upgrade is simple and painless.

Erm.....
Hope that helps.

S

SimbobX

Okay, I'm pretty new to all this outdoor tribesy kinda death so please accept an apology for my ignorance (which is quite comprehesive
smile.gif
).

I went server hopping last night and found several servers which I assume were running a 'mod' or something similar (whatever) including stuff like loads of extra weapons, loads of extra armour types, extra maps etc etc.

Firstly, is there any way to spot a modified server from the browser (I just thought of that one so if it's really obvious it's because I wasn't looking last night, not because I looked and didn't find it)?

Secondly, any ideas where documentation for the mod can be found (like how to set up binds so I don't have to keep selecting 'use' from the inventory every time I want to change weapon!
smile.gif
)

One aspect of the mod was being able to jump into turrets the same way as into vehicles and control them .. I found this out by accident and also found out that getting back out again is not just a matter of jumping ... Found that if I switch backwards and forwards to the commander screen I could get out .. any idea how it should be done?

At one point I spawned right next to my team's generator and couldn't move (map bug?). I wanted to do the equivalent of "kill" so I respawned again, but had no idea what it was (eventually settled for firing a disc or two at the floor ... but not an ideal solution).

Cheers for help
SimbobX - newbie llama extreme
smile.gif

B

Brit

The mod you were experiencing was a version of Renegades, and IMHO, its utter rubbish. However, that aside:

Using the *Tribes Client* - refresh the list of servers. Scroll to the right, and there is a column there that will tell you what mod state the server is in. Mon-modified servers will have the word 'base' there, and so on.

Similarly, as you join a game, the server will flash a message up on the loading screen, telling you that the server is running a mod, and again, upon joining the game, the welcome screen will usually have a mod alert message of some description.

--Brit--

S

SimbobX

Cheers guys

I'll watch for (and avoid) modified servers until I've grasped the basic game
smile.gif

Cheers for the info about the Command Station Ted, but when I said jump into turrets, I didn't mean through the command station I meant actually jumping into them. (like you would jump into a vehicle). Only problem being I could figure out how to jump out again! Anyway, won't be a problem if I stick to non modified servers
smile.gif

ta
smile.gif

SimbobX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom