New York Eats

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Peeps, as I know some of you are pretty well travelled I thought I'd ask you lot this one. Taking my Mum to NYC for her birthday next week and I'm trying to find some good eateries we can visit. Any recommendations?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When I took my son to New York I asked some girl who worked in Diesel where she loved to go, went there (a bit out of town) but it was excellent. Then @Edmond went after me and found the same girl and said Hi for me and freaked her out :)

Basically you will need to ask a local and stay away from the tourist restaurants.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Some of the best places to eat in New York are not in Manhattan.

As a personal recommendation, go for a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and go to Julianna's for a proper brick fired pizza. Delicious, especially when washed down with a craft lager, in this case Brooklyn Lager which is brewed only up the road.

Paid Post: Visa Signature: Experience New York

For dessert, take a walk down the street from Julianna's to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Have a stroll along the waterfront as you enjoy and take in the skyline of Downtown and the financial district.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Some of the best places to eat in New York are not in Manhattan.

As a personal recommendation, go for a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and go to Julianna's for a proper brick fired pizza. Delicious, especially when washed down with a craft lager, in this case Brooklyn Lager which is brewed only up the road.

Wind onto 3:25 -
View: http://brandedplaylist.nytimes.com/video/multimedia/100000003679510/visa-signature-experience-new-york.html

For dessert, take a walk down the street from Julianna's to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Have a stroll along the waterfront as you enjoy and take in the skyline of Downtown and the financial district.

This message was bought to you by ny tourism service lol

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When I took my son to New York I asked some girl who worked in Diesel where she loved to go, went there (a bit out of town) but it was excellent. Then @Edmond went after me and found the same girl and said Hi for me and freaked her out :)

Basically you will need to ask a local and stay away from the tourist restaurants.
To add to this I think @Edmond presented the same bit of paper she wrote on (btw, Diesel on 5th Avenue, and yes, she was fit), gah, my memory sucks.

Anyway, got to the place after a cab ride and found it full of locals, the food was great, tried to order a beer for my son, they asked for id (he just turned 18) and I said, forget it, coke for him.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
My wife's been to NYC a few times and says anywhere in little italy is the place to eat. I've never been to NYC, but I would love to go someday.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My wife's been to NYC a few times and says anywhere in little italy is the place to eat. I've never been to NYC, but I would love to go someday.
Why? Its full of yanks and crowded as fuck.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
MysticG, what type of food? My friends rave about the Ninja place. They thought it was a great dining experience.

Worth remembering that Sunday 7th is Superbowl Sunday. Bars and restaurants with TV's will be rammed.

As for my fave go to places..
I'm a big fan of Rare bar and grill. It's on the corner of 37 Street and Lexington Avenue. Best steak and beer you can get for under $40.
For Mexican food, Baby Bo's Cantina is my fave. I order from there at least once a week. 2nd Ave between 33th and 34th Street.
For American style food, Delaney Barbecue aka BrisketTown is easily the best I've had. It's at 359 Bedford Ave in Brooklyn.
If you don't want to trek it all the way to Brooklyn, Brother Jimmy's on Lexington Avenue and 31st street does all you can eat ribs on Sundays. Yum!

The good thing about NYC is that there's so much choice. For the most part, the crap restaurants don't last long.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
MysticG, what type of food? My friends rave about the Ninja place. They thought it was a great dining experience.

Worth remembering that Sunday 7th is Superbowl Sunday. Bars and restaurants with TV's will be rammed.

As for my fave go to places..
I'm a big fan of Rare bar and grill. It's on the corner of 37 Street and Lexington Avenue. Best steak and beer you can get for under $40.
For Mexican food, Baby Bo's Cantina is my fave. I order from there at least once a week. 2nd Ave between 33th and 34th Street.
For American style food, Delaney Barbecue aka BrisketTown is easily the best I've had. It's at 359 Bedford Ave in Brooklyn.
If you don't want to trek it all the way to Brooklyn, Brother Jimmy's on Lexington Avenue and 31st street does all you can eat ribs on Sundays. Yum!

The good thing about NYC is that there's so much choice. For the most part, the crap restaurants don't last long.
Thanks @SilverHood There wasn't anything in mind in terms of type so I'll have to try and look some of these up.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They do big portions in America. Be prepared to put on weight :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom