Fact New VR arcade for the Croydon Massive

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey folks - I know a couple of people here are or were Croydon-based, but others in London may be ineterested with it being very easy to get to from London Bridge station.

A good friend of mine (so yes, this is a shameless plug) is co-founder of a new VR arcade / Cafe in Croydon. I have been there a few times now and it's excellent fun. They have a booze license but also offer soft drinks or coffee etc and it's a very relaxed atmosphere, plus they are also working on space for corporate events.

Take a look if you fancy it - I might be able to get a Freddys discount!

Virtual Reality London - Limitless-VR Café & Bar

(y)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Very snazzy.. but Im not bothering with VR untul we get 15K full wraparound screens.
Still looks like viewing the world through a diving mask.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Very snazzy.. but Im not bothering with VR untul we get 15K full wraparound screens.
Still looks like viewing the world through a diving mask.
Jeez, I thought that’s how you liked to view stuff, do they do cam versions of VR?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TBH I was a little doubtful before I went there as I thought there would be some external light leaking in etc, but I was actually suprised at how very immersive it turned out to be, and really enjoyed the co-op play possibilities :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah..Im sure its 90% there..I just want it to be good enough so I never leave.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I picked up a Rift a couple of months ago, it's superb. You get over the lack of pixels very quickly due to the level of immersion. Dirt Rally is great but I haven't found a more immersive gaming experience than Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Rift and a decent steering wheel setup with an H-shifter. I'm a bit limited in that the room where I have it isn't really big enough to set the sensors up properly and do "standing up" VR but that'll change soon enough and I look forward to exploring more of its potential.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I picked up a Rift a couple of months ago, it's superb. You get over the lack of pixels very quickly due to the level of immersion. Dirt Rally is great but I haven't found a more immersive gaming experience than Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the Rift and a decent steering wheel setup with an H-shifter. I'm a bit limited in that the room where I have it isn't really big enough to set the sensors up properly and do "standing up" VR but that'll change soon enough and I look forward to exploring more of its potential.

...and you’ve just identified why VR isn’t going to get mainstream traction (for home use at least); it needs too much space, and Europeans and Asians don’t have it in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom