new "vos"-type site..

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Isn't this just a total ripoff of the old VoS site? Looks awful with the huge Google adverts placed in the worst place.

I'd try DAoCWiki instead, it actually looks quite good.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Isn't this just a total ripoff of the old VoS site? Looks awful with the huge Google adverts placed in the worst place.

I think you'll find Wiki is a rip of VoS as well, although it is a lot nicer to look at.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
i found it on vnboards.. apparently he started the page 2 days ago. yes he ripped the baseknowledge from VOS... wich he aslso stated on the site / vnboards thingy..

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:
I think you'll find Wiki is a rip of VoS as well, although it is a lot nicer to look at.

No.

Most of the text from DAoCWiki appears to be unique - it is not copied directly from another site. toastats.com is just a copy of the VoS site with adverts stuck on.

DAoCWiki seems to be much more worthy of contributing to.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
No.

Most of the text from DAoCWiki appears to be unique - it is not copied directly from another site. toastats.com is just a copy of the VoS site with adverts stuck on.

DAoCWiki seems to be much more worthy of contributing to.

I only looked at 5 arti's admittedly, but the tables are identical to VoS.

http://www.daocwiki.com/index.php/Guard_of_Valor

http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/artifacts/gift.html

They have moved some things around from the arti selection screen.....judge for yourself.

Either way, VoS is not being updated, Wiki seems active (and is a nice site). Nothing wrong with using the VoS info (it has afterall been for a long time the best collection of ToA info there is), but you have to acknowledge, it is essentially a rip.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
pinkey said:
try our guild webby on guides its kinda like vos but we have guides on each character aswell and crafting guides aswell

www.graceanddignity.co.uk

Spent about an hour surfing your site, i have to admit it's a good collection of guides that would be great for any new player.

I do have a few criticisms though, take em or leave em:

Some of your info is subjective and counter productive. I play a Heretic for example and you have missed out the two most common specs, but listed 4 rarer specs instead. However, it is written as one persons experience which is clear, but is it right to write a guide based on one persons opinion?

Your arti info is ripped from VoS (again, nothing wrong with this), but you haven't credited those who contributed to VoS or even acknowledged that it's a wholesale rip from VoS (in many cases it's simply copy/paste).

But generally, it's a great job and a massive and excellent resource :)

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
but you haven't credited those who contributed to VoS
thanks to vos for a helping hand with this info and we give credit to VoS web site for the information take from there

in the footer credit given here but cheers for your comments been to busy to do update lately but i keep doing the updates that are sent to me

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:

but if someone is a bastard they could edit everything into foobar crap

Tosen

Part of the furniture
pinkey said:
try our guild webby on guides its kinda like vos but we have guides on each character aswell and crafting guides aswell

www.graceanddignity.co.uk

Found this under the guide to macroes :S

/macro stats /stats %t give you the stats in rvr of your target
/macro nerf /yell omg ffs Nerf WL now if you don't like warlocks
/macro alb /yell FOR ALBION what you should be yelling when ever you meet hibs or mids

For Arthur Meights -_- Less RP!

---
But as for the guide about crafters... lots of work was needed to do it! bonus point to you for that!!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Chronic and I have started a new VoS, as far as ML raids are concerned, but time permitting I will extend it to artis too, hopefully its not as much as a rip off of VoS and more up to date, feedback is more than welcome:

http://chronic.whoodoo.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom