New TV

W

Wilier

Mrs Wil has just rung me at work and told me that our telly in the lounge is too small, and we need a new one (bare in mind that our main Telly is a 21" job that I got for my 18th birthday, 15 years ago!!).

Now Im thinking Plasma, about 28", about £2k.

Whats is the forum recomendation and where's best/cheapest to make said purchase?

Moochos Grassyarse.

W

wolfeeh

well

smallest plasma you'll get at the moment is 32"... and those actually cost more than the 42" ones because so few people make them (sony, hitachi), you're looking at 2.5k online prices for a 32" one... of those ONLY buy the sony one (KS32TS2 or somit)

bargain buy of the moment conventional telly wise is the toshiba 36zp38... 36" behemoth with integrated dolby digital - FANTASTIC picture and sound, includes surround sound speakers... i know what you're thinking... integrated surround sound + speaker kit? poo? but it's actually not... i've had a listen and look in quite a few places and it is bloody lovely (£1245 online atm too)... the panasonic TX36PD30C isn't worth the £300 more it costs for 1 extra scart socket... and it has FAR poorer sound...

for £2000 plasma wise you're basically looking at either samsung or LG 42" last generation panels... tbh the conventional telly is going to be better, but there are sound arguments for plasma these days, depends if you have one or not really dunnit?

W

Wilier

Only problem I have with a CRT is the physical size and weight of the thing. It wont fit in the set-up we have currently.

Are LCD screens any good? Ive found this one, but Im not sure if theyre any good?

W

wolfeeh

thomson

i saw that one in currys the other day... it's not got too brilliant a picture on it... thing with lcd's is viewing angles... they're terrible...

yes the conventional telly may dominate space a little bit, but it is genuinely worth it for the best picture quality of any medium at that size. conventional crt > plasma at ANY given size...

if you are thinking of LCD though, Sony do a fantastic one KLV-30MR1 but it costs £2610 online... is the mutts nuts mind :)

L

L_Plates

" there was a stupid post here "

IGNORE ME IM THICK !!!

D

dysfunction

Re: Re: New TV

Originally posted by L_Plates
" there was a stupid post here "

IGNORE ME IM THICK !!!

Press the "Delete" button then...

Users who are viewing this thread