New Trials of Atlantis Client HOWTO

Battleboobs

Fledgling Freddie
As u might know GOA will release a updated version of the ToA client, but i could not wait so i tried to get it to work anyways, and it did work ;)

Here is how to do it;

First download http://mythic.fileburst.com/downloads/atlantis_catacombs_engine_update.exe and install it to your TOA directory. when the installation is done open the file "update.dat" located in your ToA directory it will look like this;
Code:
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

just replace that with this;

Code:
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/newatlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/newatlantis/mpatch.dat

Now you are ready to start the game and it will download some updates and then ure ready to go :) have fun with your new and updated client.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Afaik u dont have an option not to play with the new one since last patch?

Battleboobs

Fledgling Freddie
its just a toa client with cata player models i belive ;)

did some tests and ut uses slightly less memory in NF than cata client do

censi

Can't get enough of FH
still strong believer that cata client is unusable for RVR. styles lag, and the sound isnt sync'd with the animation which also isnt consistently sync'd with when the damage moves on the health bars.

thought it was just my old pc, but I got like a new pc freshly built top of the range, that has exactly the same problem. After a while u get used to the "clunkyness" of the cata client and its feels right. but if u play on the TOA one its completly crisp and the style timing with animations and sound is in perfect harmony. Feels right.

still gutted about this because the TOA client will become unsupported soon, then the game for me will be awefull purly because of this cata client.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
censi said:
still strong believer that cata client is unusable for RVR. styles lag, and the sound isnt sync'd with the animation which also isnt consistently sync'd with when the damage moves on the health bars.

thought it was just my old pc, but I got like a new pc freshly built top of the range, that has exactly the same problem. After a while u get used to the "clunkyness" of the cata client and its feels right. but if u play on the TOA one its completly crisp and the style timing with animations and sound is in perfect harmony. Feels right.

still gutted about this because the TOA client will become unsupported soon, then the game for me will be awefull purly because of this cata client.

No problems for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom