New town graphics patch not working

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Just downloaded this, installed it into the correct directory, but the graphics/textures etc for old towns are the same.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I asked it to install into my TOA folder, dont have a cata one, and it`s there called newtowns, works fine, outside of camelot looks amazin, inside still crap though.have cata client, just dont have a cata folder, if anyone does?
maybe cos i just used patch client for cata dl

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
it works in the starter towns but not in the capital cities. Just eye candy nothing amazing :D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
it works in the starter towns but not in the capital cities. Just eye candy nothing amazing :D
Check the notes at the download location dude.. it says that it's not updated the capitals...

and svart... do you have Catacombs?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
afaik it doesn't work in TOA client I'm surprised it does for one of the posters above

/me goes off to try it

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
afaik it doesn't work in TOA client I'm surprised it does for one of the posters above

/me goes off to try it
I've emphasized a bit in his post:
Job said:
I asked it to install into my TOA folder, dont have a cata one, and it`s there called newtowns, works fine, outside of camelot looks amazin, inside still crap though.have cata client, just dont have a cata folder, if anyone does?
maybe cos i just used patch client for cata dl
Meaning.. he has the Cat code... tweaked update.dat to catacombs and updated. meaning he's got the same shit as us, except under a different name, so he does have the catacombs folder, tis just called ToA

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Riiight ... me not paying attiontion nm

And sorry for all the doubleposts my browser is acting funny

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Sorted it - was my bad, didn't notice that the patch had decided to install itself to C:\Mythic\Catacombs, instead of C:\Catacombs, which is where my Catas folder actually is. All working now :D.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
While I'm at it peeps, can you run just the TOA or SI client even if you have full Catacombs onyour account?

I mean if you just change the update dat will it only dl up to TOA /SI or do you need to do something else?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, you can run it fine. You will get a popup at the login server though asking if you're sure because your account is better than the client you're using. Really annoying popup. :p

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Popup probably would have helped when i first installed DAOC. Bought both DAOC & SI at the same time and installed both - thinking that (like most expansions for games) you had to have the original game installed first.

Was wondering what those glowing shimmering things were and why people could pass through them and not me :m00:

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
he explained he has catacombs just not a 'catacombs' folder which is stupid but nevertheless understandable therefore you DO need catas for the gfx update

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom