New toon Reaver or Vw?

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
How do vw and reaver perform in Bg, what spec to go for etc. Give info .)

And if somebody wanner trade from Mid/exe to hib-alb/pry just 500g or so then let me know :)

Cawr

Fledgling Freddie
Well never havn't played a VW in bg1 so can't really compare the two but I can tell you about how a reaver plays.

Great fun. You've two kinds of interupt and a high damage side positional. Theres nothing better than the DD aura for uncovering stealthers and it makes a reaver the best interupter in the game! The do however suffer from lower hits, like most hybrids, and you'll prolly find yourself going oop quite alot :)

I like this spec;

Flex 18
Shield 18
RS 21
Parry 5.

It leaves you with 0 spec points spare at 24. 18 Flex gives you the lifedrain side positional. 18 Shield gives you the off block stun, which you can follow with the flex side positional, aswell as a side shield stun at 13 and high defence. 21 RS gives you the highest lifetap DD and the highest lifetap proc thingy. And then remaining points in parry :)

I remember hitting things for 100ish+80proc with indigo-snake and the aps debuff aura going, which isn't bad for unbuffed using a 3.0 spd weapon. Also the "Asp" style is useful as it has an extra long range, its a rear positional and you can hit things that are well out of reach, great for kiting stealthers :p

Anyways like most tanks it performs best in a group with a healer and speed. Saying all that I think a VW has better overall utility what with castable nukes, also two insta insterupts and high melee damage. They do have slighty worse defence however.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Both are really 2 of the most fun classes available to play in the whole game IMO, when I went BG as a reaver in alb I made it as an aid to help a mate lvl his paladin and I kinda thought this side move is crazy damage when PvEing to 24. However when I got to BG I did feel the damage wasnt all that awesome but iirc I had a similar spec to the above poster, and had little trouble standing my own against any other soloer I met.

Valewalker on the other hand I kinda found soloing to be a little bit lacking, still quite capabale of killing almost any other soloers but felt a whole lot weaker overall in taking a beating from the enemy. spec of VW was 20/20/5. Damage of VW felt harder than reaver but ofc this is down to it using a a2hand weapon along with a slower weapon.

If given the choice of what class to play I would choose a Vw purely because it is almost guaranteed that there are loads of albs to fight against compared to that of hibs, as hibs only play when they get ck :p

faldarric

Fledgling Freddie
I had a full 24spec arbo VW in thid and i have to say if you see an enemy tank and he aint close to you by the time he gets to you(if u aint interupted) he will have about 1/4life sometimes dead if u get lucky with crit hits. i crit killed quite a few peeps when i used mine. Great fun i have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom