New TOA ML/Artifact Guide

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
VoS seems to be the general resource for TOA ML/arti/scroll information.

However, let's be fair...

...it's shit. Out of date info, incorrect info, wrong stats on artis...it's poo.

I intend to remedy this.

However, I need hosting. Looking for a volunteer with some free webspace and bandwidth to consider hosting a tidy, efficient and easy to use TOA user guide.

PM me with any offers.

Cheers, Eggy.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
If you need any additional info/techniques just pm me here or in game eggy, ive done almost all arti's on my necro+bb's, and yeah your right VoS is very much out of date.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Looking at the amount of ppl using vos i cant se how it can go up on any small server, thou I dont got numbers... but i cant se them being small in any way, if you wanna have this site know, for good info and better than VoS (imo very very nice site, some outdates but still, and all the ml bit rocks) so be prapared for insane bandwitch

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i have a bit of space pm me youre msn addy on here and we can have a talk about it. Before you rush to the send button I cannot let you have access to the files directly as it is on the same server as my work files, but i can upload updates on youre behalf at regular intervals or something.

Space limit: lets start at say 20-50mb, flexible but dont want to commit too much :)
Bandwidth: Unlimited
url:
http://www.trialsofatlantis.cjb.net/

Currently i use it for mlrules for my raids but im sure we could sort something out. If youre commiting to it ill be more than happy to help, but if you are goig to give up halfway through i would rather not have both our time wasted

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I don't really like ToAscrolls.com that much either, there's definitive potential for a much better site.

vintervargen

Banned
this has been done with 3 Full Groups.

- someone said he soloed it with an Animist.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The site will be almost wholely text at first, with screenshots of techniques, mobs etc added in the future.

TOAscrolls is also a horrible design and interface.

Thanks for the offers of hosting, I'll contact you!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
How much webspace do you need?

As it will be primarily text the intial webspace requirements would be very small indeed. Screenshots of mobs/techniques would expand this, and furthermore, I would like to add video files of encounters in progress. However, this is a late development stage, and I'd cross that Bled Bridge when I came to it.

I have already started writing guides to the MLs.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Eggy - consider buying your own? £20 a year from someone like Webmania gets you half a gig space and 6gb month transfer (6gb is plenty for a mostly text site) with php, perl, mysql etc...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Eggy - consider buying your own? £20 a year from someone like Webmania gets you half a gig space and 6gb month transfer (6gb is plenty for a mostly text site) with php, perl, mysql etc...

Until next month I'm so poor I can't even buy toilet paper to wipe my own ass mate.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
Until next month I'm so poor I can't even buy toilet paper to wipe my own ass mate.
HAHHAHAHEHHEHAHAHEHEHAHHEHAHE :kissit: HEHAHHAHE

HEHHEHHEHE

thanks for the irl laugh, i feal sorry for you :)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

I know some people find it tacky and akin to begging, but if you put a donate by Paypal tab on your site you'd be surprised by how much people actually contribute. Even if 1 out of every 100 people donates an average of £1 you'll easily cover your hosting costs, and give you a little extra that you can donate to the Make Eggy's Bum Happy Fund ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Need help with some html coding? :D I haven't done it in a while, but it would be fun to brush up on the html coding part :)

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Would be a pleasure to assist you on gathering info. Get my MSN of Marc if you need it :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well hes a student its probably* his own fault for spending it all on beer and drugs like me!

*If its not and your just poor cos rent is too expensive and you cant get a loan then i spose you can have a little sympathy

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Well hes a student its probably* his own fault for spending it all on beer and drugs like me!

It's like you're reading my mind...

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
It's like you're reading my mind...

for ages 3 and above :p

but on topic , kwel eggy , Vos is worng on a few things , and it would be nice to have a EU slant on things, but remember, when the yanks get wind of it , i'm sure they will use that new site instead of VoS ;P

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
shaark said:
here you have all you need for ML's

I assume you're talking about VoS...

...and you would know all about leading raids would you mr 42 paladin? I assure you VoS is not enough. Contradicting information etc. I only use it for the locs and links to maps on my ML raids now, the rest I develop my own tactics. (normally zerg but :p) :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I can supply commentary on how cool alvarus leggings sharkform is.

It's cool.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
imo add this under "ring of dances"

you cant dig here "now" = encounter is down, took me 3 hrs to understand that :( oh come to think of it, i discovered alot of nice small things to do on various encounters, ask me if you want help with anything.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
got a mid one atm but its been taken down for now, gime a prod when you are done so i can add youre link :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I have the hosting I require (thanks to Ayana!) and I have a lot of ideas. I'm going to finish my ML1-10 guides, and put them on a very basic text-based html site. From there, I can expand, get more experienced web developers involved in making a nice utility.

Xeamiz

Fledgling Freddie
By the way eggy, buy a .com domain then ask for google adwords. It really pays off.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Webspace won't be the biggest problem. It's bandwith that costs money. So textbased is the best tbh :). Then see how much bandwith that already burns before taking the fancy looking site route. The best for you would be if people would download the entire site with Webstripper or something and would consult it locally on their machine. :) They won't have the latest version then tho.

Also keep in mind what happened with Prydwen.net. that was a private undertaking by one person which grew out to be the big prydwen server forum. The guy was burning huge amounts of cash each month to pay for the bandwith and he wasn't even playing the game anymore for 2 years :) He received almost no donations btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom