New To Wow

YoDa

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, Im new to FH and i wondered if anyone here played Wow. Just got wanted a few tips. Any help would be very helpfull. Thanks Yodii

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Hi Yoda and welcome to FH.

You posted this thread in the main General part of the forum so I have moved it to here so you can get serious answers to your questions.

Hope this helps.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hi, Im new to FH and i wondered if anyone here played Wow. Just got wanted a few tips. Any help would be very helpfull. Thanks Yodii

Finding the sharpest, most pointy hat possible always seems to help :D

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
my tip is cancel/ebay your account and wait for AoC or Warhammer to come out because Blizzard are getting extremely good and fucking up the game. Last patch = disaster.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
my tip is cancel/ebay your account and wait for AoC or Warhammer to come out because Blizzard are getting extremely good and fucking up the game. Last patch = disaster.

Oh? Why is that?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
where to start, they've practically killed off pvp guilds with the new improved premade matchmaking system, the system also favors alliance in BGs often resulting in a match starting 15 vs 8 or something, they've buffed rogues to near unbeatable levels making a rogues anti class in 1 vs 1 another rogue, and they removed wall climbing from the game.

And Ive just read the notes for the new season, it seems they're rewarding the exploiters yet again by creating stupidly high requirements in arena rating to earn the gear.

I could go on but I'm tired. But I can honestly see the downfall of WoW approaching with each new patch. They listen to the whinging American kids and adjust the game to those complaints thus unbalancing an already unbalanced game.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see the new arena rating to be bad really, you used to be able to be in a 1000 rating team and get S3 eventually now you actually have to get rating to get some gear which is alot better.
And the BG's always been like that on many servers, the game starts with 1 side lacking alot of players and in BG's like EotS and AB and to some extent WSG it will cost you the game at times.

Personally I don't mind the number disadvantage as I got some really solid gear and I know I can hold my ground against almost anything so a 2v1 or even a 3v1 is nice to improve your play, and to be fair about 90% of the people in a BG don't have a clue and just follow the zerg anyway and then get farmed by 2-3 people that have a clue.

I do like to see some class balance though as Rogue's are just too OP in PvP imo and so are Resto Druids but Bliz ain't going to fix that anytime soon I reckon, my guess is that we will see a new OP class/spec when WotLK gets released.

N

nicole

hi im just a newbie in WoW because my brother bought me 1 account, what do you thinks is the best class or jobs?????

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the Priest was the best. Tough, but fun. Hunter was the easiest when I played. 1.5 years ago. Make sure you grab a "The Rake" pet and spend some time in WSG pwning with him.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be fair if it is PVP he wants then yes the classes are imbalanced but if he like me wants the PVE aspect then WoW is still a good game to play.

Syri

FH is my second home
I still quite like the pve side of wow. if you get the right people there, you can have a good laugh at it.
not so keen on the pvp though, mainly cause my main char is a tank, and they don't do much in pvp

Aada

Part of the furniture
I started playing a few days ago had an old time card stuffed away somewhere and i found it while cleaning.

Continued my 57 belf pally which is prot specd and i AOE grind it's fun and can get quite tense when you have 6-10 mobs on you.

As for pvp i kill anything melee it can take a while but i never die except to casters.

My girlfriend loves the game though and i have tried many times to get her to try new things but she always goes back to wow.

Like most though i am going Age of Conan this week it's time for something new after playing WoW on and off for the last 3 years.

People shouldn't knock WoW though in my opinion it made MMO's popular and overall for anyone who hasn't played it i am sure they will have a blast playing it for a year or so my GF never touched an MMO before WoW and i am sure she will be playing them with me for years to come.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
my main char is a tank, and they don't do much in pvp

Tanks were the (holy) priest-killers. I had a nightmare against those. They would one-shot me sometimes. The Ashcandy sword from nefarian was overpowered, probably still is ;) Having said that, they had to spec two-handed to do it, and that wasn't popular in PvP. I didn't like how they made the classes suited to either PvE OR PvP (depending on how you spec). Thankfully heals were welcome in PvP as much as in PvE :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom