new to q2

O

old.PLUM

Can someone please help me have a game online. I'm clueless at how to do it. Do I need to download an upgrade of the game? HELP

O

old.Stu

Downnload the update of the game ... altho this can be found on most Gaming mags. cover disks.

Then download www.gamespy.com
Then yer sorted ...

Altho you could try the
Game Explorer.

Clan NC

Stu

[This message has been edited by Stu (edited 27 June 1999).]

O

old.trekker

Lo m8.Iknow how you feel but I had someone to help me!
Firstly I assume you have Q2 installed.Next you need the 3.2 patch which can be downloaded from www.planetquake.com, goto files\top 10 files and find q2-3.2-exe.Run this to upgrade to 3.2.
Next to find a server you are best off using Gamespy.This can be downloaded from www.gamespy.com.Run this but only update the barrysworld servers as the rest are not worth bothering with.
From here select your game and away you go!
This is how i'd do it but someone far cleverer than me may advise more!!

trekker

O

old.Lizardking

Then find a dark corner and hide in it.
Preferably with a rocket launcher, coz newbies tend to get hammered quite a lot.
(well thats what I STILL do
smile.gif
)

O

old.s@xon

Don't know about ppl running past.
Every time I get connection problems (usually about the time I pick up RL,RG Quad & Invulnerability etc
smile.gif
) I always return to the game as someones frag!

Seems this unwritten law is largely unread and unobserved.

Still, just get them next time
smile.gif

------------------
S@xon : )
ian_collins@lineone.net
ICQ 22761833

I AM NOT A SPROUT, I'M A GREEN BEAN FIGHTING MACHINE!

[This message has been edited by s@xon (edited 28 June 1999).]

G

No!No!No! Dont stand in a corner. Thats exactly what they want. Move about, dodge, jump, sell dodgy motors. Anything but stand still!

M

Mr B

A good tactic is to stand on a respawn spot with a RL and stand still....most ppl. will think you are having connection problems and run past you.....when they do, shoot them in the back....

:p

O

old.PLUM

thanks lads. I think ive cracked it. Ill look out for you in games and let you off lightly (joking). Really, thanks for your help

Plum

O

old.PLUM

AAAHHH SHIT..... Where do I get the maps? Lads, please help.

Plum.

O

old.Fra

If u got the full 3.20 upgrade....they're in there
wink.gif

G

Well, as i mostly play LMCTF and its currently a 60MB download i doubt ill be seeing you
smile.gif

O

old.NoBeD

Well, it might be an idea for you to join a clan, as they can give you some ongoing training and support (theoretically), and you will gain experience faster, (and gain phone bills faster). But if you are looking for one, why not join mine?
We are called the Hungry Frogs. Praccy is 9pm till 9:30pm GMT sundays.
Icq or mail me if yer interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom