New to DAoC

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Hi I've just recently started playing DAoC and have made a Necro.

I'm level 8 and I've been killing undead droids near the bridge not far from Camelot, but I'm not sure where to find the tougher mobs now ?

Could anyone tell me where I should be hunting at level 8 + for good exp with good monsters for Necro, thanks ! ;-)

I'm also looking to join a friendly and noble guild who has room for a small pale faced newbie. If your interested just give me a shout ingame i will put my char names at the bottom of post. :)

Unholy - 8th Necro ' Bellowing death into the 21st Century '
Strikes - 5th Scout ' Toot-a-loo, Ciao, etc. '

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Thanks old chap. Any guilds looking for a new member ? :-P

E

Ekydus

Yes clever boy Aligro, no really - way to use your head. Mithra has a giant glowing neon sign that says "MITHRA" on the outside doesn't it? You're talking to someone who does not know where the spots are.

Hopefully you know where PKB (Prydwen Keep Bridge) is... it's the bridge in Camelot Hills with guards and a bind stone. Go to the bind stone side and run along the path... go over the second hill on your right and turn left so as you're parallel with the path. Once there you should see a little temple on a hill. That's Mithra.

Once you need a new XP spot follow the path along the opposite side of PKB into Salisbury Plains, plenty of monsters in that area for you to kill. After this stage you should hopefully be in a nice player guild, so as you can ask them any questions and hopefully you'll also know your surroundings a fair bit.

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Its ok once I had the name I was able to ask for directions :)

O

old.Wildfire

welcome :)

...should really have some words of wisdom to impart, so...

sorc ae str/con debuff doesnt break mezz in rvr

have a nice day :p

T

Tilda

i have wisdom... well a little :p
if you get aggro, ie a mob starts attacking you, dont run about like a head-less chicken, stand still so tha tanks in your group cna get it off you.

B

Bellona

another good advice.. be sure to check bw forum everyday, to get the lastest whine post from your fellow players ;)

E

Exinferis

and beware of the forumites.... wont mention any names *cough* adari *cough* :p

(just to mention one ;))

S

sheepseyes

the further u go from point of origin the higher the mobs
and im sure if u ask someone where mithra is they will show u (as long as they dont have their head so far up thier backside they are able to tickle their tonsils with their tounge) wherte it is and also part with some useful info

H

hercules-df

Welcome to the game m8, If you see me about gimmie a shout ill show u around mithra and spare some dosh.

G

Galoma

lvl 12-14

ther is a nice spot just NW from Keltoi... i think the mobs there is lvl 13+ or so...
the spot is in campacorentin forrest Loc 50.50...
btw they drops necro and caster staffs there too... :)

And they are "never" camped :))

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Thanks for all replies, I will be leveling most of today (found a good site for leveling info but forum wont let me paste link) if any other people around my level want to group feel free to /send me a msg inagame :)

O

old.shotgunstow

Not neccessarily. It was an innocent question.

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Innocent response to, I dont quite understand... :)

O

old.shotgunstow

Like... Do you do quests and read what the text says. When it says, 'Albion needs your help!!' Do you say 'Wow I'm helping Albion get out of this mess!' Or do you say 'FFS just let me get on with the fucking quest so I can have the reward.' etc

C

Cool_Hand_Luke

Havent done quests yet m8 (thank god?)

K

Kagato.

8-14 Mithra Dungeon (N-NE of Prydwen Bridge, don't get it confused with Darkness Falls or your in for a big suprise).

14-20 Salisbury Plains, Directly Opposit West Downs (WD is south of Prydwen Bridge, just follow the road). Plenty of mobs of all levels here to either solo or go out with a group to kill the giants, as you get higher just keep going further back into the plains.

19-24 Keltoi Dungeon, SE from Caer Ulwych (which in turn is in camp forest, follow the road further past WD you'll get there eventually). Get a group in the Ant room in keltoi and the exp rolls in.

25-35 in alb is a bit tricky, the only dungeon is the sucky catacombs or killing around cornwall/dartmoor ponies.

Have fun.

O

old.Wildfire

role-play (rlpl)
v. role-·played, role-·play·ing, role-·plays
v. tr.
To assume or represent in a drama; act out: “Participants are encouraged to pass on leads about jobs... and to role-play interview situations with each other” (Hatfield MA Valley Advocate).

v. intr.
To assume or act out a particular role: “When I hire people I role-play with them... to see how they take pressure” (Peter Schrag).

n.
Role-playing.

B

benedictines

In all seriousness best advice is pcik a character you will still want to play in 3-6 months.

If you like PvE then necro is great

If your end game is PvP then roll somthing else...

btw WF can u post a link to your necro levelling guide for him? Or he could just do a search ;-)

D

dwindimir

20 to 24 -> Haunted Apple trees, really easy, low agro, non moving mobs and if the N00bs dont kill the Seedguy, nice spawn rate.

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Tilda
i have wisdom... well a little :p
if you get aggro, ie a mob starts attacking you, dont run about like a head-less chicken, stand still so tha tanks in your group cna get it off you.

damn good advice for a necro, tilda

L

legaoniel.old

necro

I think generally speaking SI areas are much better - better loot, ROG drops, spirit - weak mobs. Nerf classic areas!

Users who are viewing this thread