New to broadband question...

O

old.G-Ninja

This may be a silly question to some of you, but if i wanted to get NTL cable installed in my house, would i still be able to use my BT telephone line, or do NTL make you change over to their telephone service?
thanks!

T

Trem

Change to there phone m8, its cheaper and u can keep yr existing number for a small fee, but if u insist on keeping BT, i think u can as long as u have NTL tv, or maybe not, bah my memory sux:(

O

old.©h®°n°

BT SuX
U wanna get off it any way possible. Change ur lines to NTL d00d.

O

old.G-Ninja

yea, i know BT sucks ass, but it;s my parents - they don't want to mess with their phone lines - they wanna stay BT, so i said i'd pay for the NTL cable. im just not too sure whether NTL will allow me to keep the BT lines.

T

Trem

Im quite sure u have to have either their phone or their tv, i got both so i dont have to pay line rental, tell yr parents this and hopefully they will let u swap;) .If that dont work tell them they can get a splitter for the cable tv and add a "modified"analogue cable box onto it for all the analogue channels for free....................so i've been told*ahem*

S

suicide121

With Blueyonder i had their TV, but i don't think you have to have neither, i got £10 off p/month cause of that

Users who are viewing this thread