New to Albion - advice on xp places

U

uglymug

Ello there ... recently i was suckered into starting a Alb char on Pryd, by my regular mid/excal guild :p .. and i'm enjoying playing a air/earth theurg atm :) but there's a small problem, which i hope some of you can help me with.

I don't know my way around very much, so it's tricky for me to find any decent camps. I don't enjoy xp-ing in dungeons all that much and would rather roam in the open air..and do most of my xp-ing solo

so my question to you is: can you point me to some nice camps to xp at for a lvl 20 (mostly) air theurg? or perhaps a link to a sort of solo-guide ..

any and all help would be appreciated :)

C

Cybwyn

This is a link to a necro levelling guide, basically it's a list of spirit vulnerable mobs (nice 30% damage bonus against them) which will be ideal for an Air Theurgist and uber if you can find a friendly necro to team up with - both nuke the mobs to bits before they get anywhere near you and necro keeps you topped up with power transfers. :)

T

thegreatest

go Salisburry Plains, u will find mobs there ranging from lvl 10 to lvl 32 :)

C

Cybwyn

Salisbury Plain sucks ass, it's an aggro hellhole which should be avoided if at all possible. ;)

T

Tormorent

Dont bother. If you dont know Albion take a look around. Rather than camp a spot and slowly disengage imagination go on an adventure, skirmish across all the zones you can and (over time) fight through all the dungeons.

If you end up not levelling as fast as you would like go to Lyonesse or similar and get powerlevelled.

Rather than spend say 6 hours (split over sessions to taste) try camping try 4-5 hours exploring and 1-2 powerleveling. Better yet explore 4 hours group for 2 and enjoy your low level character.

T

thegreatest

Eh? Exploring a realm? You cant do that in a few hours, you'll learn albion over time when you do your epic quests and need to travel a lot. Also try to get in a guild if you are not yet in 1 and download some maps from kirstena's atlas, that will help a lot..After some time (lets say after lvl 30) you'll know albion quite good. But of course dont xp 24/7, just go out walk around a bit do some quests etc...Otherwise you'll be a stranger in the realm even if you are lvl 50 :)

U

uglymug

Thank you one and all for your advice.

I have been to salisbury planes, but those wandering giants are bit of a pain.

And I'm not here asking for some super-camp where i can reach 50 in an hour. I'm looking for a few suggestions on where to go, to explore albion. Instead of having to go from one zone to another and not finding anything suitable...we all know how boring those horserides can be.

well .... good thing thuergs get a speed chant ;)

Users who are viewing this thread