New Stupid Guild

S

Sabu_ro

Today someone told me about a new spanish guild. His name <Putos guiris> what means something like "Fuck you foreign people". Doing a /who i can see 3 guys of level 4, 5, and 15, one of them is Joderos <Putos Guiris>(means Fuck you).
I asked about the GM and his name is Invitarme (invite me) and asked him about the guild name, he said me he couldn't answer me because they were doing tests.

We think these guys are seconds chars, we will no group with them or help them in any way and i hope a lot of people read this and dont group with them.

Obviously the spanish comunity refuse these guys and hope they go to play another game or better dont play anything.

Remember the name of the guild is <Putos Guiris> and sorry for using a rude language but thats what they say :(.

K

katt!

i think naming a guild like that is breaking the CoC, you should report it on rightnow.

S

Sabu_ro

I think reporting to Goa will be totally unuseful. Maybe they will be tired if people ignore them.

O

orm

thanks for the tips, but i allreay stay away from groups with spanish people in them (as much as possible)... have had nearly 100% negative experiences from grouping with spanish players, so I just don't anymore.

X

--xion--

damn thats out of order, and pretty pointless too thx for telling us ill look out for them.

O

old.Mousah

i dont mind ppl beeing spanish, but must admit that sometimes when ppl speak in main chatt to eachother in spanish im getting annoyed(not only spanish, but most of the time).
i dont run around and speaking swedish with swedish ppl when there are other players around, i normaly just send them a private msg to not irritate ppl that cant understand swedish.

but to form a guild like that is real low, if you have bad attitudes against other ppl just ignore them, dont blame all non spanish players in the realm, for something that one did to you.

one other thing, could you plz stop with the xD xD <----im getting sooo tired of that smiley :) (obs! no offence) :)

Mousah mOO
pikeman at 49
<Dragon Knights>

S

Sabu_ro

Someone told me this evening that guild is deleted now.

About talking in spanish in main you are right, but things have change; high levels always have a friends chat and we make efforts to change the things (not all i know). I dont know why but a lot of spanish players dont speak english or have a low level in english, that is a problem.

But i know we did it wrong in the past and you must know we are trying to make it better.

D

-Dreama-

What's wrong with ppl speaking spanish?

I haven't got a problem with it.

Some of the posts in this thread remind me of ppl who see turists speaking another language and get pissed. Way out of line I must say.

To all you spanish ppl, hell if I were spanish I'd speak it all the time just to piss the ppl off who are narrow minded enough to get pissed off by it.

A

Addlcove

GOA accommodates servers in three different languages (English, French and German). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels we would ask you please to use the language of the server.
*--------------------------

taken from the CoC, and that is why I mind people speaking spanish in main, and asking them to stop usually means a very long /send I doubt contains praise of my good cooking

J

Jiggs

why do the spanish players all play on excali?? Just wondered because hardly any of them speak any english.

R

Raining

Hmmm spanish ppl?

Neverseenany...ohhh....wait.... I remember someone called Order something.

I guess thats the worst example we have on Exca. How that guild managed, is still a puzzle to me.

But I must admit I meet alot of nice spanish ppl, who actually really try to blend in, but are having trouble with the language.

But cmon, u want the spanish ppl to stop playing because their education system doesnt fancy english???

And to GoA: Whats the most common language in the world ???

:m00:

C

Cerverloc

Your not getting the point Dreama. Its not about the language its about what it means. They use offending names. Fuck you etc hardly suits as a name and fuck you all foreigners as guildname? I mean get a life. It just shows how little respect they have.

Im dutch but does that give me the right to start offending people in my language?

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Cerverloc
It just shows how little respect they have.

pls dont generalise.. not all of us are like that

S

sorusi

You can find assholes in any country.. so do not call any one "them".. I'm swedish and im trying it keep all my swedish in only-swedish group or cg's or pm's..

I think its about culture aswell.. the spannish ppl got an other view of alot of things..

It's just an game btw ;)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Raining Thunder

And to GoA: Whats the most common language in the world ???

:m00:

the langauge spoken by most people is chinese my friend ;p

but then again that is if you count by national languages, I will agree that on a whole side, more people in thw world are able to speak english than there are people able to speak chinese

(shudders at the thought of people speaking english in main)
I would get SO hungry for noodles all the time ;)

B

Bridge Trent

We have a couple of Swedes in our guild (which is mainly english people)and I have no problem with them talikng in swedish. I have even managed to pick up a bit of swedish and we all seem to enjoy trying to find the key combinations that produce the strange letters they have. Nadjs (means nice i hope) has become common for english people to use as well.
I think people get a bit paranoid people are insulting or talking about them when they speak other than english. I prefer people to be able to understand me when I am moaning about them, but there you go.

K

Kralen

I think that's not only the problem with spanish talking guys.
It does not matter if they are spanish, german, swedish or whatever. Everybody seems to spam the main chat with his mother tongue. In my opinion it's very rude to talk in foreign language in the main channel. All those foreign language talkers have to deal with it, that excal is an english server, even me :)

It's not the point if they speak english in a bad way. If they ever will start talking english, they will learn a lot how to speak english btw.

About the offense language of the spanish guys, I don't know about that. There are a lot of fools around, english ones too ;)
I saw a lots of guys insulting my alt (a little 22 lvl sorcerer) and kissing the ass of my main while begging for money :)

T

Tranquil-

I think I have used this saying before...
In Rome you do like the Romans.
Or atleast try..

O

old.Cloista

Well, my guild is a mainly English guild, but we have a quite a few Swedes, Belgians, Dutch and even the odd Danish people among us. They all make the effort to speak English ingame and on the website. Infact, it was actually one of the Belgians in our guild (an officer infact) that complained about the use of languages other than English in Guild Chat, as it prevents good communication, and even moreso, shows respect. We understand that English is not their first language and have gotten used to some odd grammar and misspellings and the like, and make every effort to help them with their English.

If the people in my guild can make the effort to do this, then why can't all the other foreigners? I'm sure many of us english people would gladly help them with the language if they were polite enough to respect the CoC and try to use it.

Just my 2cp.

S

Sabu_ro

I forget to say that in all this time playing Daoc i didn't have any problem with the language. Only at the beginin when i talked spanish in main all time someone told me to use another chats what seems perfect. Some low level player told me to go to my own server and some rude things but it was the exception.

People have tried to help me anytime i asked somethig about english. Well at last 99 of each 100 players (or 98 lol) have been comprenssive and i happy to play in this server :p.

The only think hard to me was when i asked a lot of people about the meanind of "dunno" and everyone answered me don't know. You dont what it means? How is it possible? Rolf (X- Files), hehe

R

Rhuric

Well Sabu, dunno means just that. Dunno = I dont know, maybe not exact words, but pretty close, thats atleast what I use it for the few times I use it

S

Sabu_ro

Hehe when i wrote post i knew that , was just joking about when i didn´t know and was crazy about all people telling me don´t know.

T

thefatfriar

Ref: Talking in Spanish

I have no problem whatsoever with ppl speaking Spanish in Main with the one exception:

RVR!!

Pls Pls Pls be quiet when the Raid Leader is /yelling instructions.
If you don't understand the orders being given pls PM another Spanish player who speaks enough English to translate for you.

I realise this is a fairly pointless post as if u can't understand the instructions u won't be able to read this either! But to the Spanish guys who can read this pls pass on the message as it does annoy ppl who are issueing or trying to follow orders being given if no-one can act on the plan because we cant read the orders the whole Realm suffers as a result.

If the English speaking guys go quiet and listen to one person this means we all do. Takes 5 minutes is all just be patient for that time and keep quiet please :)

Users who are viewing this thread