New starters on Hibernia - what duo?

M

mincepie

Hi, starting on Hibernia having negelected it for so long and having seen more or less all of the other 2 realms. I will be starting with a mate who's quite new to the game (please bear that in mind when suggesting suitable classes).

Was wondering what the most suitable duo team is?

Will be starting at level 1 as friend does not have access to /level 20 but could /level 20 a druid for buffs on second account to help speed the early levels up a bit then delete him.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as well as any pointers to perhaps a 1-20 hunting ground in hibernia.

Many thanks.

E

Event

You could try a bard + mage or bard + tank combo.

Bard + chanter is always a good bet m8.

As for levelling spots:

1-14 Around Ardee, Mag Mel and Tir Na Mbeo
10-14 Muires Tomb near Ardee
14-17 Parth Farm
17-24 Spraggon Den
24-30 Treibh Caille
30-40 Coruscating Mine
40-50 SI, EZ, BoC, Fins etc

R

Ravenbourne

I agree with event, Mana Enchanter + Bard, or is you have 2 accounts and he the 1 account, Mana Enachanter + Druid + Mana Mentalist (for mana regain)

O

old.linnet

Maybe try bard + hero, not as fast but it's good fun and if your friend is new to the game, it might be easier for him to try a tank first.

A

arrakeen

I have just started on hib aswell, with 2 friends 1 of them never played before. We play 2 chanters and a bard

Works really great could take 3-5 reds at a time when pet was buffed none buffed 3 red's was the max

U

uncle_sal

Druid and manachanter... you will also get easily grouped with others then... and druids are quite needed in RvR too...

M

mincepie

i quite fancy the druid class but as linn says would a relative newbie be able to get to grips with the chanter (his level of experience is a lvl 11 troll shammy on mid and a 22 paladin on alb)

F

finbahr

i'd go with mana chanter ,mana menta, regrowth druid

U

uncle_sal

Chanter is quite easy to play.... and have a pass on menta if you are gonna rvr.... seems like people prefer manaelds/chanters over them....

O

oblivion_6

druid and chanter is a good combo

but then again this is the mould that people always suggest

Why not go for something different and both go Stealthers?

NS and a Ranger work well together and you could level a druid for buffs ?

Or why not go for a healer/tank combo with a bard and a sword and board hero or something?

M

mincepie

ok just talked it over and it seems i'll be playing bard and he'll play hero. Sound ok?

edit: levelling speed doesnt matter as we're both laid back and far from "wtfpwn"

O

oblivion_6

sounds good :)

bard spec is normally 43 16 47

Good idea to make the hero sword and shield as slam is a gr8 style

M

mincepie

k they seem like good end game specs but as far levelling up i assume hero keeps shield at level rest in weapon?

what about the bard - minstrel was always instruments at level rest in weapon.

i assume in this combo that weapon is left alone and nuture/music/regrowth is specced?

O

old.Mirandalia

So you don't have to worry about weapons/armors..

Mana Enchanter + Mana Mentalist

Enchanter pulls with focus shield, Mentalist uses Heal-over-time, and AOE-dot, and heals to aid pet.

This will always ensure you have:
heals+hot=living pet
aoe-dot=the extra dmg needed
mana regen... mmmm mmaaaana :D

You can always invite a druid to that set-up. ;)

F

Faeldawn

A good bard spec is Nurture 43, Music 47, Regrowth 16.

A shield hero indeed tries to keep shield spec to level, at least until he gets the Slam ability.

Another good reason to go bard/hero is they are mutually beneficial, the bard provides the buffs, endurance regen and heals for the hero and the hero can guard, protect and intercept for the bard.

As you dont want to be an "uber" duo such as manament and chanter i think you'll enjoy the bard/hero duo.

You may also want to consider bard/blademaster.

To be completely honest ANY duo can work well together (with the possible exception of 2 bards, but this can still work i guess).

Successsful duo's i have played are:

Bard/Hero
Druid/Blademaster
Animist/Manament
Ranger/Void Eld
Warden/Hero
Nightshade/Druid
Ranger/Nightshade
Ranger/Blademaster (admittedly this one doesnt work too well with adds)

B

boni_ofdavoid

druid + chanter.

Druids spec buffs mean you can pull more / larger mobs than other setups your only problem is power regen, you can always buy/make potions to solve that problem.

A

Ahqmae

Thing is with focus pulls - it ain't super effective until you have both mana regen and spec buffs. You'll do well - but the best would be:

Mana chanter - pet+shield+pbaoe.
Nurt/regro druid - heals, spec/base buffs.
Mana ment - HoT, PoT, heals.

Get a third guy to join ya, will be TEH UBAR xp :D

M

mincepie

We've definately decided on the bard/hero combo - last night Fernando (lol :D ) the bard was born and is ready to go :)

Gonna create another hib char on main account tonight and have a run around and see whats what.

B

Begach

Battlebard + Nature/Regrowth Druid (plus buffbot :p)

Unstoppable equal #'s

Insta mezz (2), ok melee (bard), end 4, speed 4, insta roots (2), strong DoT, insta heals (2), AM, GP, IP, MoC, rezz on both chars, heals on both chars. Stlong team.

Me and 2 Nature druids buffed once leveled a balanced fg mids then 1/2 group add with only me as a brief casualty an i was back up mid fight and rockin again. They kinda sucked, where n00blettes and we where all RR5+ playing great (rare for meh :p) but gives you an idea of the strength when things are goin well.

B.

O

old.Verata

Don't be fooled.

Everyone will suggest a mana ment because of all the awesome stuff they can do, but the end game is RvR and all those guys who loved you for your mana regen in PvE won't give you the time of day in RvR.

Trust me, I've been there...

D

Danya

Originally posted by uncle_sal
Chanter is quite easy to play.... and have a pass on menta if you are gonna rvr.... seems like people prefer manaelds/chanters over them....
For good reason, mentalists are gimp. :(
Mana is probably the worst - people want you for PvE but unless you're in a keep they'll ignore you for RvR.

O

old.Verata

Mentalists aren't gimp. Most people are because they don't see the value of a Ment, particularly a light spec one...

D

Danya

What good is a decent nuke when you get mown down by a tank before you get one off though? :p
Casters, especially non-pbae ones, suck.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
druid + chanter.

Druids spec buffs mean you can pull more / larger mobs than other setups your only problem is power regen, you can always buy/make potions to solve that problem.

*cough* :p

actually u wanna know another mad-sounding but effective combo?

champ-warden.. weakens mobs and u hardly get hit.. and u got heals/buffs too.. old school combo that still works :D

defo one for peeps who dont wanna level fast though :)

.. oh hang on.. make that s/s(b) champ.. forgot i am of teh mad champ spec.. but u get idea yeah? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom