new start

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
i was thinking rolling a char for solo here but how is it to level here and will i be able to get ml's done?

and is it enough ppl to be assed to do it

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
If you roll a char that can lvl in a decent rate solo youll be ok, just stay away from crowded areas:)
MLs can be done by joining the guild project camlann, same goes with arties

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
soloing was pretty damn nice at least an month ago, dunno now

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
ok do not sound to bad, what about the activity?

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
what is the exchange rate cluster --> camelann

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt succest even trying camlann. gets rather dull with 2 pvp areas (goth and toa havens). even at primetime u might not find anything to kill in ToA. so that leaves u goth. that has imv zergin it. if u get a good grp u might like it in camlann :p

the rate would be 1:1

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
hiksta said:
games big enough to lvl in peace, :eek7:

You're right but alot of people go to really well known spots, like DF for example and 50's roam through there all the time.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but when its 200-400 ppl on the server, and you can go everywhere there are pleny of spots in the world that there are not a soul. I lvled to 50 last months, mostly solo and i never got killed (by players, mobs wiped me plenty:) ) unless i went to places that i knew could be crowded to get some action between the farming:)

At one spot around lvl 44 i stood for day, going afk all the time and not a single person

MrBurns

Fledgling Freddie
camlann is quite fine ;) u dont need a good fg to survive, u can do alot of solo/small grp pvp, and there are more pvp areas than goth/toa ...
and dont worry about if here are too less ppl, for a low rr char here are already too many ppl who will kill u ;P
lvling is easier than on any other server if ur class is able to soloexp/if u do have friends who will lvl with u. dont forget that u need less xp on camlann than on rvr servers!
mls/artes etc are easier than ever with pc atm.
get a some friends/a solo class and seak some spots fare away from goth/df (unless u reach lvl36) and enjoy lvling ;P

greetings, Mrburns

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
MrBurns said:
camlann is quite fine ;) u dont need a good fg to survive, u can do alot of solo/small grp pvp

pffft burns!^^

its easy to say that as an rr12 bd with in mortem veritas guild tag :<

camlann is pretty hard for soloers out of mortem veritas tag due to the big amount of time that IMV got a big grp in gothw + their damn stealthers adding on every fight =[

:p

Axtanax

Fledgling Freddie
create a bd and make the 13l, it s very exciting!!!!!!!!

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
I remmember you ^_^ its bulldozer from alb on glaston :< camlann is my home server and i realy dont advise you to start here. Becouse a). you wont get ml`s b). crap population, and realy not a friendly comunaty c). for solo you either need bd/stealther you are preaty much limited with the variation.

Solo on camlann quickly ends when bunch of french retards make 6-7 grp and clean gothwaite harbor for 1h+ - showing the skill to fight vs random soloers. When those who get chained form a mini grp after few wipes frenchy`s /qtd and u get nothing to kill. Krystals /hug :D hope u r not reading this ^_^. If u still like the game like i do and want to roleplay with hopes of getting a dicent action role avalon german servers are far from being dead. Sux that i dont know "germanian" :(. Try to look in to the future exacal/pryd are preaty much set grp server only random guy with avarage rr wont get a grp there (as far as i know on mid realm maybe its just this realm) that cluster seemed to me preaty dead too. avalon avarage population is 1.5k+ and as far as i know it is going to get clustered. Sooo if you want to play and enjoy daoc till who comes should go avalon dispite language disadvantage.

MrBurns

Fledgling Freddie
Axtanax said:
create a bd and make the 13l, it s very exciting!!!!!!!!

better create 2 di3 bots and make em rr11 :worthy:
(even more exciting)

if u dont stay at places like goth where grps chainning u, camlann is still quite ok for solos imo ...
if u got 1-3 friends with u, u can beat most small grps.
if u are lf hardcore fg pvp, well u wont find this that much on camlann atm.

greetings, Mrburns

hiksta

Fledgling Freddie
my advice is if u want to start playing camlann dn't come solo come along with a good friend, i find duo's and trio's kill and gain more exp / rp's.

di bots suck, having a buffbot fair enough, but when its in ur grp stuck to u and healing soon as ur in trouble can be lame/ di.:fluffle:

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with Camlann currently for new starts is that there are far too many 12yo that think its cool to kill you while you are pveing or doing mls etc.

The Server was and is dieing because most new starts get fed of of being killed over and over in PvE and while doing MLs/Farming when its obvious u have no intention of PvP. These players do not want a chalenge just easy rps and dont care what they do to ruin others gameplay or how they get the rps.

When I first started playing on camlann a couple of months ago most people would at least let you pve in peace or rez you afterwards this attitude is changing rapidly now and it is for the worse.

I think camlann could be great its totally different from anything else and its nice to try any a class from any realm and go to any realm, PvP is good and its quite fast action/paced.

If you can stick the RP horny attitude of some of the players here then you will be fine.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Its not just Camlann that is dieing

DAOC (best PvP MMO there is, specially with PvP ruleset) is dieing since WoW came and Mythic decided that advertising is not needed to replenish dropping numbers. Classic server was the final nail in the coffin called Camlann

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it seems pointless now to play Live daoc as you can get roughly the same experience (but ofc lesser numbers) on a freeshard. Also you dont need 2 accounts as they have buff bot NPC's.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there's more PvP action since there is no PvE element (at least on the good shards), and it takes place in a "small" area. The enemy density is higher :p

hiksta

Fledgling Freddie
imo axty and mrburn have totaly different qualitys ingame, alot comes down to the class they play aswell. so i dn't think u can say axty is better than mrburns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom