New Site

E

Embattle

Hello...well its not a bad pimp, well what you've done so far although its not wise to pimp on your first post ;)

D

DAN200

Yet another site produced in Barrysworld Green, be original ffs.(Not that my site is any different, ahem)

M

Moving Target

try and make the writing a bit bigger

R

raw

Originally posted by DAN200
Yet another site produced in Barrysworld Green, be original ffs.(Not that my site is any different, ahem)
Barrysworld invented green websites then did they ?

D

DAN200

Ok, ive checked the source code and overlayed the windows side by side and its a very slightly different shade of green. BW is in #0A5E12 and his site is, well, a bit lighter, critisism withdrawn.:)

O

Ono

I get Error 404 when accessing it??

I think it is down.

Shame. I was really really looking forward to seeing it.

R

raw

Originally posted by DAN200
Ok, ive checked the source code and overlayed the windows side by side and its a very slightly different shade of green. BW is in #0A5E12 and his site is, well, a bit lighter, critisism withdrawn.:)
lol

S

Summo

You planning on hosting it properly? (ie. not f'king Geocities)

I use Portland and am very happy with them. PHP, free MySQL account etc. That said their site (and therefore mine) is down atm!

O

old.Cerebro

lol
wow didnt think i would get this much attention
its only been up 2 days

first off
the text looks small becuz it is best viewed in 800x600

and i plan to take it off geocities perminantly
i need to find a service with cgi
an a domain
soon it will have its own forums an news cgi as soon as i find a server with it
=P

let me know if u have any other questions, comments or critisims

u can also send them to
QuiGon299s@hotmail.com

S

stu

"best viewed in 800x600" - you're about 2 years out of date. Nowadays most people use 1024x768, minimum, and many use more than that. You've got to design a webpage that looks good in all resolutions, rather than fall back on the tired old "best viewed in" excuse. Use css to define the text size, for a start.

O

old.Cerebro

i might if i knew css

also the forum is working now

i am currently using gamers.com till i can find a server with cgi

S

Summo

Originally posted by Cerebro
and i plan to take it off geocities perminantly
i need to find a service with cgi an a domain soon it will have its own forums an news cgi as soon as i find a server with it
=P

Again, I have a site hosted on Portland (which is still down, dammit!) which has PHP, CGI and MySQL all for nuttin. I run a phpBB forum off of there, too (not as good as vBulletin, but free)

They charge a fair bit for domain registration, but it's free to transfer ownership of a domain to Portland. Therefore, register your domain somewhere cheap like UK Reg and then transfer.

Now I'm gonna get busted by the p1mp0r police.

O

old.Cerebro

lol ok kool thx
i'll check it out when portland is back up

hey Ono try the sit again if u get the sam,e error i'll switch servers

D

DAN200

Originally posted by SomeGuy

Again, I have a site hosted on Portland (which is still down, dammit!) which has PHP, CGI and MySQL all for nuttin. I run a phpBB forum off of there, too (not as good as vBulletin, but free)

They charge a fair bit for domain registration, but it's free to transfer ownership of a domain to Portland. Therefore, register your domain somewhere cheap like UK Reg and then transfer.

Enough about you hosts, gimme a link to your webby dammit!

P

Perplex

Originally posted by SomeGuy

Used portland for 2 years. they are utter fuckin shit. However, their tech support bird sounds well tasty

O

Ono

Now it's:

You do not have Authorisation to view this site.

Do I need to cut and paste the address?

D

DAN200

In which case make yourself a proper website about yourself (Soneguy, not the "real" you) or Games or Barrysworld or woteva.

Or, if that sounds like too much work, convert one of your pages to static HTML, change some of the details and up it to a BW webshost, or your own one where you keep all the pictures.

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Ono
Now it's:

You do not have Authorisation to view this site.

Do I need to cut and paste the address?

Naw - they are just fussy who they let in !!!

Users who are viewing this thread